Hello,
    I'm just starting out developing apps, trying to raise a few euros for a few causes and maybe eventually some euros for myself aswel.

I'm just wondering how the app stores differ with regard to sales numbers

I've currently only got one app ( BBSpeedOMeter BBSpeedOMeter - Sports & Recreation BlackBerry Apps ) and have it on mobireach (which is the crackberry store and mobihand) and handango.

there's a steady (low numbers) flow of sales on mobireach but handango is terrible!!

id say about 95 % of sales are made on mobireach(80% of those are thru channel sites like crackberry so only 60% not 80% profit there)

I havent decided yet to pay the $200 to sign up for the blackberry app store or not.

so the question really is what kind of percentages do people get thru the 3 sites (mobireach, handango, bb app world) and do the numbers vary on the type of app your selling etc.

I know this question has probably been asked 1000 times but these things do change over time so maybe its time for some fresh numbers
    07-27-10 03:52 AM
    Yo Mark,

WOW, $200! You have to sell a lot of apps to get that back. I buy 95% from Mobihand. My opinion - I find it hard to believe the BB Apps store would have the exposure that CB and Mobihand does as it is not available in a lot of countries.
    07-27-10 07:04 AM
    I only buy from Mobihand, but I wouldn't have known about it if I never visited CrackBerry. And I only discovered CrackBerry when I googled some little problem I had with my BB. I found App World by myself (visited blackberry.com).

However, aren't the U.S. carriers going to start pre-loading App World on devices? (Maybe they already are. And I have no idea about carriers in other countries.) Many people may never look beyond that for apps.
    07-27-10 07:51 AM
    Yo Mark,

WOW, $200! You have to sell a lot of apps to get that back. I buy 95% from Mobihand. My opinion - I find it hard to believe the BB Apps store would have the exposure that CB and Mobihand does as it is not available in a lot of countries.
    well the $200 isnt that bad really. it covers 10 uploads so potentially you could have 10 different apps up there for $200. altho any bug fixes or new releases of the same product counts as 1 upload as far as i know so you would more likely get 5 apps for 200, but considering that most sales on mobihand go thru channel sites it wouldnt take too long to make back the $200, for channel sites mobi hand get 20% the channel site gets 20% so the developer is only left with 60% as apposed to 80% if it was sold direct from mobihand.

i think the best way to go is release your app to mobihand first, it costs nothing to put an app up there, that way you get time to iron out any bugs and also you get to see if theres a good or bad reaction to the app, and if its worth putting it up on the appworld.

the appworld must be getting more popular now tho i would imagine.
    07-27-10 07:52 AM
    oh and the irs takes 30% too for us internationals (i think you can call them up and fill out some forms and that becomes 15%) if you make more than a couple of euros then you would have to declare that over here and i dunno about other countries but in ireland you'd probably end up losing another 40% in tax. id say if i had a hit app that i was selling for 2.99 that was selling 1000 copies a week id get $750 of the $2990
    07-27-10 07:56 AM
    App World makes more than CrackBerry/MobiHand for me. Some people see the opposite.
    Last edited by LSphone; 07-27-10 at 11:17 AM.
    07-27-10 11:14 AM
    App World makes more than CrackBerry/MobiHand for me. Some people see the opposite.
    Same here.

As for Handango - I wouldn't bother to upload apps at all
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f9/hand...0/#post5362667
    07-28-10 02:43 AM
    As a buyer I can tell you I hate handango, love mobi, and use app store only for free apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-10 04:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD