I created my app, Fetus Rex Games News, it was approved. I got my link to order my Playbook last Wednesday and haven't received my tracking number yet. So I was wondering what the status of all other developers is on their free Playbooks? Have you received your unit, or at least your tracking numbers yet?
    02-20-12 10:34 AM
    This is frustrating...

I submitted my App on February 8th, and it hasn't been accepted yet. I, did, however receive an e-mail regarding the free Playbook, but nothing more on it...
    02-20-12 10:37 AM
    I know the developer of DDO Sage received his last week.
    02-20-12 10:37 AM
    The good news is I submitted mine on the 6th of Feb, and didn't get it approved until last Wednesday. They seem to like to send emails at 8p at night lol. So you might get approved today.
    02-20-12 10:38 AM
    The good news is I submitted mine on the 6th of Feb, and didn't get it approved until last Wednesday. They seem to like to send emails at 8p at night lol. So you might get approved today.
    I hope so.

It's frustrating because a) I want the Playbook for my brother and b) my first application ever that I was developing for Android, but decided to rush and convert it over to 2.3.3-compatible for the Playbook.

I'm excited, but I was sent an e-mail regarding Digital River (the username and pass do not work), and I was told about the free PB offer, but this is annoying. Ugh. At this point, I don't really care about the free PB -- it certainly was an incentive to get it done faster though.
    02-20-12 10:44 AM
    I created my app, Fetus Rex Games News, it was approved. I got my link to order my Playbook last Wednesday and haven't received my tracking number yet. So I was wondering what the status of all other developers is on their free Playbooks? Have you received your unit, or at least your tracking numbers yet?
    Hey. I registered on these forums to ask the same question!

I also got my e-mail last week (Thursday) and haven't heard anything since. Within 72 hours they said, bah!
    02-22-12 09:14 PM
    yeah, i registered for this forum to find out aswell. i got the email asking for shipping info last thursday. but thats it. i have not heard any else. id like to know when it will be shipped. suspense is killing me! LOL
    02-23-12 03:50 AM
    I got mine on the 17th. It took them about a week to ship it out after I provided shipping info.
    manofice1 likes this.
    02-24-12 12:41 PM
    I got mine on the 17th. It took them about a week to ship it out after I provided shipping info.
    Did you get an email after that with the tracking number etc?

It's been 10 days now and I haven't heard anything else, getting worried that something's gone wrong!
    02-25-12 10:25 PM
    Did you get an email after that with the tracking number etc?

It's been 10 days now and I haven't heard anything else, getting worried that something's gone wrong!
    Yes. They sent an email with a tracking number the day it was shipped. It was shipped in the early afternoon on the 16th and it arrived in the morning on the 17th (Lucky, eh?)

Anyhow, here are the dates I have:

Submitted App: Feb 06
    App Approved: Feb 08 (The fastest they've ever managed that!)
    Free PB Notice: Feb 11 (With link to a form to enter shipping info)
    Shipped Notice: Feb 16 (Included a FedEx tracking number)
    Delivered: Feb 17

I submitted my app pretty early in the promotion. It's my understanding that they were flooded with new apps and were having some trouble keeping up with the volume.

Edit to add: After I completed the shipping info form on Feb 11, I immediately received an email from "[email protected]" <[email protected]> confirming that my "BlackBerry PlayBook tablet order has been processed". It included an order reference # in the email subject.

If your order was placed correctly, following the link to the order page again shouldn't bring up the form, just a blank page with the text "Order [your order reference #] has already been placed."

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by recompile; 02-26-12 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Extra info
    jaames likes this.
    02-26-12 06:45 AM
    I uploaded my app 13th, feb.

But My app is not approved(27th, feb).

There are no emails I received after email about request is sent.

And at vendor portal, it says 'Pending Review 2 Open CR(s)'

is this normal?

are there anyone who are in similar situation?

Sorry for my poor english.
    02-26-12 10:37 AM
    Yes. They sent an email with a tracking number the day it was shipped. It was shipped in the early afternoon on the 16th and it arrived in the morning on the 17th (Lucky, eh?)

Anyhow, here are the dates I have:

Submitted App: Feb 06
    App Approved: Feb 08 (The fastest they've ever managed that!)
    Free PB Notice: Feb 11 (With link to a form to enter shipping info)
    Shipped Notice: Feb 16 (Included a FedEx tracking number)
    Delivered: Feb 17

I submitted my app pretty early in the promotion. It's my understanding that they were flooded with new apps and were having some trouble keeping up with the volume.

Edit to add: After I completed the shipping info form on Feb 11, I immediately received an email from "[email protected]" <[email protected]> confirming that my "BlackBerry PlayBook tablet order has been processed". It included an order reference # in the email subject.

If your order was placed correctly, following the link to the order page again shouldn't bring up the form, just a blank page with the text "Order [your order reference #] has already been placed."

Hope that helps.
    Thanks. Yeh I checked the link again like you said and it says the order has been placed so I guess it went through ok. I expected a bit of a delay but not this long, but I can't really complain I suppose seeing as it's free!

And at vendor portal, it says 'Pending Review 2 Open CR(s)'

is this normal?
    Yes it's normal. It just means it hasn't been reviewed for approval yet.
    02-26-12 11:08 AM
    Update:

Mine arrived today (11 days from my order processed email). It seems to have shipped from the US (Ohio maybe?) so that could be why it took so long.

I didn't receive the email with the tracking number so it's arrival was a bit of a surprise.

Now I just have to decide whether to open it or sell it!
    02-27-12 10:38 AM
    I received mine last week.
    03-07-12 10:02 AM
    I got an email containing about shipping free playbook last friday.

But, since then, I have not been received any emails about tracking number.

They said 72 hours are needed to ship it, but I guess it will takes longer than that.
    03-16-12 08:29 PM
    I submitted my app on march 1st it was approved on march 9th then on march 13th filled out shipping address for playbook. then i email them on March 19th about being more then the 72 hours, and on the 21st they emailed back.
    here is their response

Due to the overwhelming response to this offer, it is taking longer than the projected 72 hours to get the devices shipped. However, we have implemented a new process in order to improve the delivery time, so you can expect your tracking number email very soon. Your order is in our system, and will ship as soon as possible. You will be sent a tracking number at that time.
    hope it wont be to much longer
    03-23-12 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD