Is it possible to create a BB10 headless app just for providing notifications to your Android app?

For example, can a BB10 headless app be made that either

A) simply let's the user know that new information has arrived in the "co" Android app, and -- when clicked in the HUB -- launches the Android app, or

B) (ideally) Lets the user know that new information has arrived in the "co" Android app, and -- when clicked in the HUB -- ** launches a specific Activity** in the Android app and **passes it information about exactly what new data has arrived for the user**, so that the Android app can download it from the server and take the user directly to it within the (Android) app.

(More generally, what level of integration is there between native BB10 and the Android runtime? Or are they basically totally silo'd environments?)

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    Last edited by mnc76; 02-26-15 at 10:26 AM.
    02-26-15 09:42 AM
    Support the idea

Passport, SQW 100-1, 10.3.0.1154
    02-26-15 09:56 AM
    I came to this forum to ask about the same!

I recently got a Razer Nabu X fitness/notifcation band. The apps are Android-based. The fitness portion only requires communication between the Nabu X and the phone. The notification portion needs BlackBerry 10 to notify the Android side to cause Nabu X Utility app to send a mesage to the Nabu X, like this:

incoming call->BlackBerry 10->Android Runtime->Nabu X Utility->Nabu X (lights up and vibrates)

Is this possible? And if not, can it be made possible as it would be useful for these types of devices.
    02-26-15 06:54 PM
    I just got the latest version of the Nabu X Utility app, 1.0.3.1, from 1mobile. In the Notification settings, all Android apps are listed, even BlackBerry to Android system apps. Phone, txt, and calendar apps are in there, which may mean that it *is* possible to have something like an incoming call to trigger a notification in the Android Runtime. Of course, I gave it a try and it didn't work. It seems that in the latest Nabu X Utility app, triggering notifications from the app to the Nabu X is inconsistent. After a reboot of the phone, it works fine, but stops working afterward.
    02-27-15 02:49 AM