Hi

I now (I think) have all the software I need to create applications for Blackberry:

1.Eclipse
    2.Netbeans
    3.Microsoft Visual Studio Basic Express 2008
    4.Simulators
    5.MDS Runtime
    6.MDS Studio with Eclipse Plug-in
    7.JDE with Eclipse Plug-In Compnent Pack (Is this the Blackberry JDE plugin for Eclipse and Blackberry Java Development Environment?)

Do they need to be installed in any particular order? Can any one point me in the direction of how to install each of the E.G the plug-ins etc?

Thanks
    10-18-09 10:26 AM
    any help here?
    10-18-09 04:18 PM
    visit
    BlackBerry - Development Tools And Downloads

check out the samples included with the jde

start out with a nice helloworld app, move on up to tic-tac-toe

With everything you've installed what are you going to develop, a nice ERP or CRM app to compete with salesforce???
    10-18-09 09:09 PM
    Thanks for the link

I think I'll try and make a ERP app to start with or even just a game to get things going
    10-19-09 01:26 AM
    Don't know if you've gone through the h*ll of installing all those apps yet but I just figured I should let you know:

You do NOT need to install all of those. You basically can choose Eclipse, Netbeans, or Visual Studio. I highly recommend Eclipse, Visual Studio does not work well for BB development and Netbeans is alright, but not as good as Eclipse.

After you install Eclipse, you'll need to install the Eclipse Plugin. After you've got the plugin, you need to install the Component Packs for the OS versions you want to develop for. That's it, nothing more is needed since the Component Packs include the appropriate device simulators, MDS runtime, and MDS simulators.

Install in this order:
    1) Eclipse
    2) Eclipse BlackBerry Plugin
    3) The component packs you want. Doesn't really matter which order.

To install a component pack:
    -First download the ~190meg zip file from blackberry.com, then open Eclipse and go to Help -> Software Updates.
    -Click the Add Site button on the right, then in the dialog box that appears click Archive. Browse to the zip file containing the component pack and click OK.
    -The archive will appear in the list. Select the checkbox next to the component pack you just added and then click the Install button to the right.

After it installs restart Eclipse and then you'll be able to use the component pack by going to BlackBerry -> Configure BlackBerry Workspace -> Installed Components.

Hope this is helpful.
    10-20-09 07:38 PM
    Cheers everyone especially Andiamo Just the answer I was looking for
    10-23-09 03:02 PM
    It is not working for some reason when i try to add the component pack it comes up with an error like java.lang and then some other stuff?
    10-24-09 04:57 AM
    Forget directly installing the Component packs. Instead, follow these directions to have Eclipse download them directly:

BlackBerry - JDE Plug-in for Eclipse - Update Site
    10-24-09 07:14 AM
    It is getting really annoying

I have got i swear eclipse, java EE 5 SDK, blackberry plugin for eclipse i have just downloaded the JDE 4.3.0 and when i try to install it comes up with prequisites and says i do not have the j2se 1.5.0 or something.

Can someone tell me just what i need minimum to get everything working with links to download pages etc because i am getting really confused on how to start
    10-24-09 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD