I installed Windows 7 RTM and Blackberry Desktop Manager 5.0 and it's crashing only during the Synchronization process.

I spoke with RIM today and they said they don't have a working version but I don't know what it wouldn't be working given how closely related Windows 7 is to Vista. Any thoughts?
    09-09-09 11:59 PM
    I installed Windows 7 RTM and Blackberry Desktop Manager 5.0 and it's crashing only during the Synchronization process.

I spoke with RIM today and they said they don't have a working version but I don't know what it wouldn't be working given how closely related Windows 7 is to Vista. Any thoughts?
    I have been running 3 PC with Windows 7 (2 with Professional and 1 with Ultimate Editions). I am also running the latest leaked version of DM 5. x. which is 5.0.1 and in one pc 5.0.0.11). I have not had a single problem in any PC.

Definetely the problem is NOT with Windows 7.
    Ah! I am not running DM in any compatibility mode.
    Have you tried uninstalling DM and them reinstalling??

Cheers!
    09-10-09 05:39 AM
    I too am running Windows 7 Ultimate and DM 5 with no issues.
    09-10-09 09:08 AM
    No issues here.
    09-10-09 09:16 AM
    I also have this problem. It started after I upgraded my Storm to version 5.0.0.328 (official Verizon version). That update went fine, but the problem started after the update was complete. I am on Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (32 bit), Blackberry Desktop Manager version 5.0.1.

The Blackberry Desktop Manager load fine in Windows 7, and recognizes the Blackberry Storm when it is plugged into the USB port, but then DM stops operating and stalls out.
    11-05-09 09:56 PM
    I just switched to Windows 7 Home 64 bit on a new laptop and I have DM 5.0 loaded and it works fine, syncs fine. I have read some forum posts where folks who updated DM to 5.0.1 are having issues with Windows 7. Maybe try and roll back to 5.0 and see what happens.
    11-06-09 06:42 AM
    It works fine for me too, I recently upgraded to windows 7 and DM was still there and worked. I'm on 32bit, not sure if the bits make a diff.
    11-06-09 07:53 AM
    It works fine for me too, I recently upgraded to windows 7 and DM was still there and worked. I'm on 32bit, not sure if the bits make a diff.
    No, the bits would not make a difference. 64 bit just runs more info, faster, on a computer.
    11-06-09 11:39 AM
    I'm running Windows 7 Professional with DM 5.0.1, no issues here.
    11-06-09 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD