Hey all,

I know other threads exist on this, but things I've tried from them have not helped.

The specs:

Curve 8330 running Hybrid version of 5.0 (5.0.0.351 (554) to be exact)
    Windows XP SP3
    Desktop Manager 5.0.1

What I have tried:

Battery Pull
    Alt + Right Shift + Del reset method
    Upgrading DM 5.0.0 to 5.0.1
    Uninstalling / Reinstalling 5.0.1
    Different USB Ports
    Different USB Cables
    Rebooting my computer

The Symptoms:

Basically, I plug the BB into my computer, and the "insufficient current" message displays on my screen. Desktop Manager and BBSAK do not recognize my phone is plugged in, but the phone charges just fine when it is plugged into an AC 110v outlet.

I'm really at a loss for what to try next here. All I'm looking to do is backup my BB and upgrade to the latest Hybrid. I haven't had time to update the phone since December.

Anybody have any ideas? Something I missed / forgot to try?
    06-06-10 07:48 PM
    Anybody have any ideas? This is extremely frustrating...
    06-07-10 07:23 PM
    It sounds like it may be a problem with your computer and not your BB. The way to find out is to try another computer. If that works, then check with your computer manufacturer for updated USB drivers. If the second computer doesn't work either, then the problem may be with the BB's USB port.
    06-07-10 09:12 PM
    How old is your computer? Has DM ever worked on that computer? Have you tried different USB ports on the computer? Just some thoughts.
    06-08-10 04:35 PM
    My desktop is a little less than a year and a half old. I have used DM on it before successfully. I also tried connecting it to my netbook and I still have the same issue, although I do not have DM installed on the netbook.

I'm getting very baffled by this issue, because the USB port on the BB seems to be working okay, as it still charges just fine in the house / car.

I have also tried other cables, and every other USB device works just fine on my computers.
    06-08-10 08:43 PM
    From your description it seems that your hardware connections; BB, cable, USB & computer; are not the problem. That leaves your software. A few more questios: When you hook up your BB to the computer does it charge? In DM when you select Options/Connection Options does it say USB? Once you answer these, we can move on to the next step.
    JB
    06-09-10 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD