Long story short my laptop sucks and i cannot install BB's desktop software manager. I want to put mp3's onto my phone as Pandora does not work for me on the subway back and forth to work.
    Tried to just hook my phone to my laptop and drag and drop but it doesnt work. Anyone have this same problem?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by staticflo; 06-23-10 at 09:23 PM.
    06-23-10 09:21 PM
    You do not need Desktop Manager to add music files.

Connect your BlackBerry to your PC using the USB cable. Enable Mass Storage Mode on the BlackBerry. Then drag and drop the files from the PC to the BlackBerry media card using Windows Explorer.

It should work as long as you do not use Desktop Manager. As long as you enable Mass Storage Mode on the BlackBerry it should work fine.
    Last edited by lak611; 06-23-10 at 09:36 PM. Reason: typo
    06-23-10 09:33 PM
    I have also removed my SD card and, with an adapter, plugged it into the usb of my computer and done it that way. My computer doesn't seem to like connecting certain things directly through USB, like my ipod sometimes doesn't work... my computer never recognizes my BB for more than two minutes. So the SD card is perfect.
    06-23-10 10:25 PM
    try going into your windows device manager and check if the usb ports are working. It may be a physical problem like the cable or the ports. Like the above poster mentioned, once you connect the bb to your cpu it should prompt you to open the files in the sd card without using the desktop mgr...good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 10:56 PM
    Sometimes Windows disables the USB. In Windows open Device Manager. Go to Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Then double click USB Root Hub. Click Power Management and make sure that "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is not checked.
    06-23-10 11:00 PM
    also when you connect certain devices like bb's and ipod they draw current from the ports to charge, a lot of laptops cannot supply this current and shut down the usb ports to stop the hub from shorting out. just get a cheap micro sd card reader (your laptop may even have one)
    06-24-10 02:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD