For the past couple of days I've been trying to update my 9790 as BB desktop software indicates that there is an update availble but the problem is that when I hit the update button I'm lead to a pop up saying that I need to download an essential software update component. I authorise it to download but a little more than half way down the download the green download progress bar vanishes and after a little while a pop up says that because of an error it, the download, cannot be downloaded and I need to try again. This happens everytime

I tried to find the solution over the internet but couldn't find a proper method to solve this issue hence I turn to you guys to help out.
    Thanks in advance

P.S my desktop software is the latest one so no issues there.
    11-27-14 11:40 AM
    Happened to me as well, BB support was clueless, so they started regular drill send us this and that... At the very end I made it work by installing device software locally. But even so, some of the software I have downloaded like e.g. 7.1.0.1033 (or 7.1.0.1047 is not even listed for download even though running wireless update from the device finds it) for Rogers 9360, DM (the latest version as well) would not even "see" 7.1.0.1033 that is locally installed. The last one it "sees" is 7.1.0.745...
    Downloaded and replaced vendor and device xml file but did not help.
    I really think they need to test their own software before releasing it publicly.
    11-27-14 11:50 AM
    But my trouble is that I don't get the latest version which is showed on the desktop software through manual download of my device software what I get is an old one which I already have on my device.
    Anyhow thank you for your consideration :thumbup:
    12-03-14 01:01 AM
    That's why I wrote this:
    "(or 7.1.0.1047 is not even listed for download even though running wireless update from the device finds it)"
    Sorry Icould not help. For now I just download the latest device OS using DM e.g. any version of 7.1.x.x. and then run wireless update from device option... sucks but no other way I know.

12-03-14 10:36 AM