Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LazyEvul
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,940 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Update to Desktop Software 7.1? (Bundle 39)

I just opened up BlackBerry Desktop Software to backup my 9810 before a software update, and rather unexpectedly I got a popup prompting a Desktop Software update:

Update to Desktop Software 7.1? (Bundle 39)-capture.png

Last time I heard of an update it was Bundle 35. Is this something new or have I just missed out on it? Also, does anyone know what's been changed in Bundle 39? I'm downloading it right now but I doubt any of the changes are going to be major enough for me to notice.

EDIT:

Just finished the update. Haven't noticed any changes so far, but here's the About page:

Update to Desktop Software 7.1? (Bundle 39)-capture2.png

It seems that it released 3 days ago according to this.
    Thanked by:
    SEAWARRIOR (12-16-2012) 
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

thanks,,, updating,,, installing...
    "THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"

I'M ON MY OWN IGNORE LIST===

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes."
    CrackBerry Newbie

I dropped this in a different post yesterday but no response. I updated to Bundle 39 and now my wifi music sync doesn't work. Anyone else having any issues?
    CrackBerry Addict

I've installed it and so far its seems ok, looks like a small revision to PIM and music sync
    Be careful when Speaking, you create the world around you with your words-Navajo
    CrackBerry Newbie

Well, I updated too and my Desktop Mgr. doesn't work at all. As soon as it starts, it crashes and debug doesn't help at all.

Any ideas? I've un-installed and re-installed but no joy.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by voodooball View Post
    Well, I updated too and my Desktop Mgr. doesn't work at all. As soon as it starts, it crashes and debug doesn't help at all.

Any ideas? I've un-installed and re-installed but no joy.
    Hi the install which I did the other day is working very well, it interchanges with my playbook no problem all backup systems work well.
    I would run a registry cleaner just incase there was any remnants left over, do uninstall first then shut down computer, restart and redownload the file incase your download was corrupted in some way. Also download device manager and run that (not to be confused with Desktop manager) I had some device connection probs which this file seemed to fix.
    What system OS are you using as I think there are some probs with XP (from a different post).
    Sorry to not be more specific hope it helps, let us know.
    Are You running as administrator?
    Be careful when Speaking, you create the world around you with your words-Navajo
  7. BGK
    CrackBerry Genius

I'm doing the update right now - it's the first time I've had any trouble trying to install an update on my laptop. It all looks good though now. I'll post back if I have any trouble --- oh wait - it's not saying 7.1 Bundle 3(sigh) after all the downloading BS, it still shows as 7.1 bundle 2108 which is what I had installed on my laptop already. Seems like there is a bug, I'm not going to play with it, I'll just wait for the next update.
    BGK
    libertybk on Twitter
    Canada/USA
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by BGK View Post
    I'm doing the update right now - it's the first time I've had any trouble trying to install an update on my laptop. It all looks good though now. I'll post back if I have any trouble --- oh wait - it's not saying 7.1 Bundle 3(sigh) after all the downloading BS, it still shows as 7.1 bundle 2108 which is what I had installed on my laptop already. Seems like there is a bug, I'm not going to play with it, I'll just wait for the next update.
    Desktop manager should look like 7.1.0.37 bundle 39 I'm not sure but I think 7.1 bundle 2108 is a phone OS (shown on the desktop manager window) not desktop manager. To find this go to top right hand corner to the ? and click to open - click about desktop should give you the version. Hope it helps
  9. BGK
    CrackBerry Genius

Omg haha thanbks daveycrockett - I don't know what I was thinking, thanks and as soon as I get back home I'll take a look.
    BGK
    libertybk on Twitter
    Canada/USA
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by daveycrocket View Post
    Hi the install which I did the other day is working very well, it interchanges with my playbook no problem all backup systems work well.
    I would run a registry cleaner just incase there was any remnants left over, do uninstall first then shut down computer, restart and redownload the file incase your download was corrupted in some way. Also download device manager and run that (not to be confused with Desktop manager) I had some device connection probs which this file seemed to fix.
    What system OS are you using as I think there are some probs with XP (from a different post).
    Sorry to not be more specific hope it helps, let us know.
    Are You running as administrator?
    Hi, thanks for the ideas. I did run a registry cleaner when I un-installed and before re-installing. I then shutdown and re-started, re-installed and still zip. I'm running Windows 7. I'll re-install the device manager... hadn't tried that.

Note - can't seem to find Device Manager as a stand alone program. Oh, and yes, running as Administrator
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by voodooball View Post
    Hi, thanks for the ideas. I did run a registry cleaner when I un-installed and before re-installing. I then shutdown and re-started, re-installed and still zip. I'm running Windows 7. I'll re-install the device manager... hadn't tried that.

Note - can't seem to find Device Manager as a stand alone program. Oh, and yes, running as Administrator

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...93E4F3BB068C22
    This linkshould get you to the right place if not already selected select desktop manager for pc then next then scroll down to find English. Version of device manager. I hope this will help.
    Can you do a system restore to take you back to when it was working, an outside chance that you may have a corrupted file
    Last edited by daveycrocket; 12-21-2012 at 08:45 PM.