When I first updated my Storm 9530 with v4.7.0.75 it was on my old PC with Windows 98 runnin the most current Desktop Manager. Everything went fine and I have the old restoration file still saved. This month I purchased a new Dell Laptop with Windows Vista and DL'd the current Desktop Manager version(same as the previous computer) and attmepted to create another backup file. When the transferr was in progress i would get an Unknown Error when it got to the MMS options. I went back to the old PC and attempted to run the backup and recieved the same Unknown Error. I tried reseting my BB and even did a battery pull and still getting the same error. HELP PLEASE!!!
    03-31-09 10:13 PM
    I'm trying to back up via the Desktop Manager today and having the same problem. Backup operation ends with an "unexpected error" when the progress bar reaches the "MMS Options".

Any ideas?
    04-07-09 11:12 AM
    Do a search, there was a forum on backing up issues.
    04-07-09 11:19 AM
    try clearing the browser cache and such and try again. It fixes some updating problems but not all.
    04-07-09 11:20 AM
    I just started getting this problem on my 8900 and google searched it, then found this forum :\. Still havent found an answer..
    05-01-09 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD