- CrackBerry Newbie
- 5 Posts
Two Phones on Same Desktop? Second Phone as Backup?
I've searched for an answer to this. I've found posts that touch on it but don't completely answer it for me.
I'm syncing a Curve 9330, OS 6, to Outlook on my Win 7 desktop. I want to get a new Blackberry, Bold or Torch, OS7, and sync the new phone as I have the old one.
I don't want to also sync the old phone but I want to use it as a backup since I use it in my business. I want to occasionally do a one way copy from Outlook to the old phone OR
restore a current backup to the old phone so it has current data in case I should need it.
I read enough places about changing phones but it sounds like BB Desktop forgets the old phone.
Is there a way to do what I want, occasionally copy Outlook data to a second phone?
- 02-27-13, 11:00 AM #2
I think there's a guide here on the BlackBerry support page that might help you, it mentions backing up one phone and restoring to another. I haven't tried it so I don't know if it works,but maybe you could take a look at it, from what it looks like you can even restore selectively. Hope it helps, gluck!
- By krazy.boy in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 1Last Post: 06-29-10, 01:41 AM
- By rogelio1017 in forum AT&TReplies: 9Last Post: 06-09-10, 02:05 PM
- By PhatTimmy in forum Verizon WirelessReplies: 4Last Post: 11-08-09, 03:27 PM
- By spidermanroach in forum SprintReplies: 2Last Post: 12-07-08, 09:02 PM
- By billsmetro in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 09-17-08, 01:15 PM