I downloaded an exe file to my blackberry with the intent of transferring it to my PC to install on there (no internet access to download directly to PC). When I try to access them the EXE files are the only ones not there. I tried doing the same with a zipped version of the EXE .... Same result. Am I missing something or is this not possible?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 11:41 PM
    The Desktop Manager can't "see" file types other than "media" type files - images, video, and music/audio files.

Do you have an SD card installed? If so, you can turn on "Mass Storage Mode" for it and access it like a removable drive when hooked up to your computer. It will show up as another drive letter. Then you can see all files and copy, move, delete, whatever you want to do without having to go through the DM.

This can only be done with an SD card in the phone and listed in options as a "Media Card" (which is where you go to turn on mass storage mode).

The device's internal memory can not be accessed this way. If this is where you downloaded the file to, then you're stuck. At least until you can move it to an installed SD card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-10 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD