I've tried emailing the mp3 to myself and even going through the browser to gmail to download the attachment, it doesn't work. I guess I could wait til I get home to get this mp3 (the new Coldplay!) but that's another 10 hours away, sniffle! Help?
    04-29-08 12:01 PM
    If you have a media card, you can go to Options > Media Card, and enable mass storage mode. Then when you plug your BB into your computer, it will show up as a removable drive, just like a USB memory stick.
    04-29-08 12:11 PM
    Yup what he said! I tried for a week to figure out the DM before another poster told me what the above poster said. who wants to have to go buy and burn cd's to put mp3s on ur phone? Ridiculous!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-08 12:55 PM
    If your computer has Bluetooth you can transfer it that way. Or email it to your self.

04-29-08 01:07 PM
    If you have a media card, you can go to Options > Media Card, and enable mass storage mode. Then when you plug your BB into your computer, it will show up as a removable drive, just like a USB memory stick.
    Yup this is the best way!
    04-29-08 01:07 PM
    Yeah I know I can plug my BB into my computer but I can't do that for a long time so I was wondering if there was another way. Sorry I guess the title of this thread wasn't specific enough, I didn't mean Desktop Manager I guess I meant without plugging it into the computer.

I tried emailing it to myself but it kept saying the request was too large or something when I tried to open the mp3. Grrr.
    04-29-08 01:20 PM
    Sunkast gave u the best answer, if that doesn't work. Idk

04-29-08 01:31 PM
    I was going to suggest an email.

The enable mass storage is the only possible way other than the email.

sorry
    04-29-08 01:34 PM
    Yeah I know I can plug my BB into my computer but I can't do that for a long time so I was wondering if there was another way. Sorry I guess the title of this thread wasn't specific enough, I didn't mean Desktop Manager I guess I meant without plugging it into the computer.

I tried emailing it to myself but it kept saying the request was too large or something when I tried to open the mp3. Grrr.
    Why can't you plug it in for a long time?
    04-29-08 05:34 PM
    Lol patience!

04-29-08 05:38 PM
    You can use this to create and email your own ringtones or you can buy a bluetooth adapter for your PC to transfer that way.
    04-29-08 06:02 PM
    Good luck!!!
    04-29-08 06:04 PM
    Why can't you plug it in for a long time?
    Was stuck at work and then I had plans after work... so I've had this song I've wanted on my computer since 10am and now, 12 hours later, it's finally on my Pearl (through plugging my phone into my computer). Yay.

Lol patience!
    What's patience? Lol!
    Last edited by pinkdaisy226; 04-30-08 at 07:59 AM.
    04-29-08 10:05 PM
    Nah I had the same problem where I had access to a computer that didn't have bluetooth or a mini-usb. The only suggestion I could present is to email the mp3 to yourself and try to save it by opening up gmail (or wtvr) in the Opera mini browser (4.1) because there is a download cap. The limit is 5mb for the native browser so its not possible to do. I haven't tried this method yet but it seems like it could work.

04-30-08 12:04 AM
    must have been a really good song. glad you got it on there finally.
    04-30-08 12:16 AM
    Nah I had the same problem where I had access to a computer that didn't have bluetooth or a mini-usb. The only suggestion I could present is to email the mp3 to yourself and try to save it by opening up gmail (or wtvr) in the Opera mini browser (4.1) because there is a download cap. The limit is 5mb for the native browser so its not possible to do. I haven't tried this method yet but it seems like it could work.

When I tried to use the Opera mini browser, it kept asking to use the native browser to open it, which of course wouldn't work. I thought that was kind of strange... oh well.
    04-30-08 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD