I am using a Mac Book Pro / Leopard and BB Curve 8330 / Verizon.

I opened this new Desktop and liked what I saw. It would be nice to have a one way sync option but ..... so far it is better than any other Mac Sync programs.

My calendar synchs OK but I have a lot of duplicate entries in my BB address book. I am to a point where I would like to delete the entire BB address book but I dread having to do it one contact at a time.

I have found suggestions to back up the entire BB EXCEPT for the address book and then wipe the BB and restore the data. I'm up to trying this but how do I wipe the BB?

I would also be open to other less aggressive suggestions.

The Desktop did find that I was using an older operating system and installed the most recent.

Thanks, Bill
    Last edited by Caysnowman; 09-06-09 at 03:35 PM. Reason: clarification
    09-06-09 03:33 PM
    to wipe hendheld, go to:
    options - security options - general settings
    Press menu key, choose wipe handheld.
    Good luck!
    09-06-09 03:43 PM
    I backed up my BB 8330/Verizon except for the address book using RIM's new Mac Desktop. Thanks to Monkeee2002, I wiped the BB and did a restore via the Mac Desktop.

That gave me many duplicate entries in iCal (OK in the BB calendar) and some in the BB address book. I took some time and manually corrected iCal and took the few duplicates I still found in the Mac address book; I then backed up the BB via the Mac Desktop again, except for the BB calendar and address book and again wiped the BB.

The restore brought back the duplicates (or new ones) in iCal and a few in address book, the BB calendar appears to be OK. When I tried to delete the duplicates in the BB address book manually (SELECT >MENU >DELETE >SELECT) nothing happens. I cannot delete any of the Non - duplicated contacts either.

Short of buying a PC, is there anything else I should try?

Bill
    09-08-09 03:48 PM
    If I read that right, maybe try a battery pull and see if that helps..I'm also on vzw 8330/macbook pro/os E and I didn't have any issues

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 03:59 PM
    I shut down the BB & pulled and reinstalled the battery. No changes on the BB. One thing I forgot to mention is that if I EDIT the entry in the BB address book and then attempt to save the changes, I get the following, "Address updated externally, changes will be lost & view closed". If I try to delete an entry in the address book without editing, the SAVE menu screen just closes without deleting the selected entry and no messages.

Bill
    09-08-09 04:57 PM
    That's the issue dogging most people using snow leopard. (can't edit/delete entries) I'm putting up with it until the official release comes out this month, when hopefully RIM and apple will have resolved it. It appears that it is a glitch with sl, not with RIM.

To stop all the double entries etc, before you sync, check the 'replace all contacts on this blackberry device' in the contacts section on dm.

I had to sync again after doing that to get all my address book entries back onto my phone.

Apart from the edit/delete hassle, all is working perfectly with ical and contacts.
    09-08-09 06:16 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I am using Leopard 10.5.8 and have not upgraded to Snow Leopard at this time.

I failed to mention it in my previous posts but I did sync after I wiped the BB.

I cannot help but think maybe something happened when I first ran the Mac Desktop; it made me upgrade to 4.5.0.138 before I could attempt to set up and sync the devices. It rebooted a bit strange after the upgrade; I do not have enough BB time to recognize conclusively anything that was not "normal".

Bill
    09-08-09 06:46 PM
    I didn't have the confidence to upgrade the rim software on a beta version, so cancelled the upgrade and just did the sync.

It gave an error message approx' halfway through and stopped syncing, so I tried again after checking the 'replace all contacts...'

When the sync completed the contacts were there, but no phone numbers. I synced again and all the contacts appeared this time, but lost the ability to be edited or deleted.
    09-09-09 02:55 AM
    What program are you using to sync?

Do you have Tiger or Leopard or Snow Leopard on your Mac?

Does it work for you?

Bill
    09-09-09 11:20 AM
    Curve 8310, intel mini Snow Leopard, new beta desktop manager for mac.
    I only need it to sync with iCal and address book, which it does perfectly, apart from being unable to edit or delete contacts.

memo pad on the blackberry is supposed to sync with mail on the mac, but that doesn't work for me.
    09-09-09 04:47 PM
    Thanks, Bill
    09-10-09 05:13 PM
    hey,
    was reading thru the post and saw ur entry.

I'm using Mac desktop manager to sync my contacts and now i cant edit or delete any entries on my phone.
    its like the address book is locked

using Leopard and BB 8900.
    wud luv somehelp
    10-01-09 07:04 AM
    I'm also having trouble with the memo sync on desktop manager for mac with my storm. The only option is to sync with mail, but shouldn't I be able to use entourage, or even my Mark/Space Notebook?
    10-05-09 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD