I am attempting to sync the contacts and calendar appointments I have in Outlook with my Blackberry Curve 8310. This is a personal phone, and I use it only for my gmail account; I do not use it to get my work emails from Outlook.

When I open desktop manager and attempt to configure the syncronization, it tells me to connect to the internet. When I connect to the internet, it closes the desktop manager. Similarly, if I connect to the internet beforehand, and subsequently open desktop manager, it will open and close it before I get the chance to do anything.

Again, I am only interested in my contacts and calendar appointments. Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!
    03-26-09 10:20 AM
    Any suggestions for this issue?
    03-26-09 11:16 AM
    Are you running vista? If so try right clicking DM and run as admin. Then set up the sync configuration to your liking.
    03-26-09 11:24 AM
    Are you running vista? If so try right clicking DM and run as admin. Then set up the sync configuration to your liking.
    I am currently running XP.
    03-26-09 12:06 PM
    What version of DM are you currently running? I recommend 4.6 without media manager.
    03-26-09 01:33 PM
    What version of DM are you currently running? I recommend 4.6 without media manager.
    I am running 4.7 without media manager.
    03-26-09 03:28 PM
    Uninstall that version and get 4.6. DM 4.7 doesnt play that well iwth devices other than the storm and bold.
    03-26-09 05:25 PM
    Uninstall that version and get 4.6. DM 4.7 doesnt play that well iwth devices other than the storm and bold.
    I tried to do the sync with 4.2, which is the version that came with my phone. Is there something about 4.5 that will solve the problem compared with 4.2?
    03-26-09 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD