I can use it as a disk drive device but it is not detected by the desktop manager. Ports being used are 3 and 4. Any ideas? Device detected just says none. Please help.
    04-30-09 01:28 PM
    I have had the same problem. If you close the DM, leave the phone plugged in and then reopen the DM, the phone is always found then almost instantly in my case. It kind of defeats the purpose of having the DM start automatically on startup though.
    04-30-09 01:32 PM
    Still no luck. Any other ideas?
    04-30-09 01:34 PM
    I had this happen last week, I rebooted the phone and the PC then vista reinstalled the drivers when I plugged the phone in and it worked after that
    04-30-09 01:51 PM
    Yeah, do a battery pull on your laptop, uummm I mean reboot your laptop/desktop and restart DM. Should work fine then.
    04-30-09 01:53 PM
    Tried the reboot of the laptop and Storm. Still not connected by Desktop Manager. Anyone else had this problem before?
    04-30-09 03:03 PM
    I've had this happen before. This is how I resoved the problem: On your computer go to device manager. If you look under the USB Serial Bus controller and see that your blackberry device might have a yellow exclamation point. If this is the case highlight it and delete it or right click on it and uninstall. Reconnect your Blackberry now and see it reinstalls the drivers and is now recognized by the DM. Hope this helps.
    04-30-09 04:03 PM
    Problem fixed. Ended up doing a full uninstall including registry wipe. The fix was listed on the Blackberry website. So good job RIM!
    04-30-09 04:58 PM
    Problem fixed. Ended up doing a full uninstall including registry wipe. The fix was listed on the Blackberry website. So good job RIM!
    Uh.. where on the website?? and what do you mean "registry wipe"? I know what the registry is.. but what parts did you wipe?
    10-28-09 08:03 PM
    Uh.. where on the website?? and what do you mean "registry wipe"? I know what the registry is.. but what parts did you wipe?
    The link to Rims Fix/Patch for Mass Storage Problem is in my signature.
    10-28-09 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD