I am using version 5.0.0.732 of Blackberry Desktop Manager. I have a Tour 9630 that will not fully backup and it is getting very frustrating!

here's what happens.....
    I plug in the BB and try to backup. Yesterday, it froze on "MMS Messages" and then after a couple tries it froze again on "BB Groups". I do admin a BBM Group, but I was able to backup before without issue.
    Last time (about a month ago) I backup'ed I admin'd 2 BBM Groups and had to leave one in order to back up successfully. That is also when I upgraded to the current version.

Since yesterday, I have tried about 8 times to backup my Blackberry and it always freezes at "BB Groups" (about 3/4 done backup). I let it go for about 75 minutes yesterday and about 45 minutes today and there is no progress. I end up having to Ctrl + Alt + Delete and shutting down the program to get it to stop running. To add insult to injury, after the program is shut down and I unplug the BB, it is froze on the (BB symbol) -------> (computer symbol) icons you see when the BB is connected to a computer.

Anyone have any advice on what to do here?
    Help is greatly appreciated!
    11-17-10 10:54 AM
    Do selective backups one group at a time. Try repairing your card.
    11-17-10 11:02 AM
    how so I selectively backup? I didnt know there was an option for that.
    11-17-10 11:17 AM
    I can't remember right now and don't have a computer with dm on it here. But there is an option to either backup all or you can choose what to backup. Look in the options in dm.
    PHDColumbus likes this.
    11-17-10 11:22 AM
    will do thanks
    11-17-10 12:05 PM
    In DM 5, you go to Backup/Restore, then choose Advanced, you can then view your backup databases on the left side and transfer to your phone on the right (I think this is how you do it, been a while since I was on 5).

In DM 6, you choose Restore, then at the bottom of the window is like "custom" or "selective" or something, not exactly sure. But then you can pick and choose what files to restore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-10 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD