I didnt try BBSk or any other methods where you need to edit files,I found a simpler and safer method to restore BB 9650 to Factory settings thus removing any IT policy.

How to check if IT policy is enabled or Disabled:

-If u want to check if "IT policy" is enabled for OS6 ,please go to options-Device and status information and type BUYR on keypad and bottom of screen you will get Buyers Remorse which will have info abt the data usage,voice usage and IT policy)

For other OS just go to options-Status and then type BUYR u will get info abt the "IT policy" if its is enabled or disabled)

Procedure for Resetting BB to Factory settings.

Requirement:
    1. BB os 4.3 above
    2. BB desktop manager 6.1

Can be used to:
    1. Restore BB to factory Settings.
    2. Remove an IT policy if enabled on BB.

Things to remember:
    1.Ensure to take full backup of ur BB device (applications, contacts etc).
    2.Dont Disconnect BB throughout the reset process.

Procedure:

1. Download desktop manager software 6.1.
    2. Connected the phone to desktop manager and go to the ? (Help button) in the upper right hand corner.
    3. Navigate to Support Resources>Support Tools.
    4. Select "Reset to factory settings" and its all automated from there!

Thats it !!!! Wait for the process to complete, Booya ur phone is rest to factory settings and also IT policy is disabled,if it was enabled before.

Totally safe and secure!!!! No 3rd party application required.

Note: I used this method on BB 9650 which I purchased From ebay, kindly check ur company policy before using this or any other method for removing IT Policy if you are using a company provided BB.
    Last edited by sheikhowais; 02-03-12 at 08:10 AM. Reason: ADDING SOME INFO
    02-02-12 12:54 AM
    02-02-12 02:21 PM
    As a IT Security Professional. While I understand, you need to make sure before you do this it does not lead to NO Employment, cause it could be a breach of your right to be employed by the company if you do it. They create these and provide the usage of the phone to help ensure both company safety and your safety as an employee.

Just remember that.

Regard,
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-03-12 07:19 AM
    As a IT Security Professional. While I understand, you need to make sure before you do this it does not lead to NO Employment, cause it could be a breach of your right to be employed by the company if you do it. They create these and provide the usage of the phone to help ensure both company safety and your safety as an employee.

Just remember that.

Regard,
    Always good words to follow, and posted on all the official How-To threads covering this topic here on CrackBerry.
    02-03-12 07:44 AM
    Thanks for this info. I finally was able to remove my phone's IT policy.
    Last edited by TequilaAddict; 03-31-12 at 05:39 PM.
    03-31-12 12:57 PM
    Thats it !!!! Wait for the process to complete, Booya ur phone is rest to factory settings and also IT policy is disabled,if it was enabled before.

Note: I used this method on BB 9650 which I purchased From ebay, kindly check ur company policy before using this or any other method for removing IT Policy if you are using a company provided BB.
    No, just tried this. IT Policy is still there.
    05-08-12 12:26 PM
    How about for user with 9900 7.1.402....will this remove the IT Policy as well?
    05-08-12 10:47 PM
    How about for user with 9900 7.1.402....will this remove the IT Policy as well?
    Yes it will.
    05-09-12 05:17 AM
    When you reset to factory settings, does that mean you will lose all of your 3rd party apps and media card info? I have an IT Policy Enabled because this phone is a refurb and I found that the IT was enabled. I just wan't to remove this data due to possible resrictions contained in the IT Policy. Another question, I am running on .402 on my 9930, if I was to go down to the next lowest official OS, such as .355, will that fix the IT issue?
    Last edited by keyhole; 05-19-12 at 01:13 PM.
    05-19-12 01:05 PM
    I downgraded from 402 to 391 and IT Policy is still there.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    keyhole likes this.
    05-19-12 01:12 PM
    Did you do the factory wipe?
    05-19-12 11:25 PM
    When you reset to factory settings, does that mean you will lose all of your 3rd party apps and media card info? I have an IT Policy Enabled because this phone is a refurb and I found that the IT was enabled. I just wan't to remove this data due to possible resrictions contained in the IT Policy. Another question, I am running on .402 on my 9930, if I was to go down to the next lowest official OS, such as .355, will that fix the IT issue?
    You need to backup the 3rd parrty apps first, as the instructions state.

http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...updated-53201/

Your SD card will be fine.

I downgraded from 402 to 391 and IT Policy is still there.

Just an OS change won't remove it. Go back and read/follow the first post again.
    05-19-12 11:29 PM
    It's my own bb, and I'm not on BES. No idea why IT Policy is enabled.

05-20-12 12:14 AM
    It's my own bb, and I'm not on BES. No idea why IT Policy is enabled.

05-20-12 12:40 AM
    Factory reset removes IT Policy.

05-20-12 04:39 AM
    Factory reset removes IT Policy.

Glad to hear that this helped you!!
    05-20-12 11:20 AM
    It came back after upgrade.

05-23-12 04:40 AM
    It came back after upgrade.

Did you do the reset to factory step?
    05-26-12 06:34 AM
    Thanks man.... at last IT policy is disable
    05-29-12 02:50 PM
    Would love to know if there is a way to do it without wiping the device.
    05-31-12 04:03 PM
    I purchased a used white 9900 that had an enabled IT policy. The firewall also was permanently locked. I delayed the buying, came across this thread and then went ahead with my purchase,since the phone was in pristine condition and difficult to resist.
    Tried using the mentioned method, but still the policy wouldn't go. The saving grace was that, no features of the phone were affected or restricted and I could use the phone on my BIS plan without any issues. 2 days back I upgraded to 7.1.0.746 from the .523 that it came with, and to my surprise, the IT policy was disabled and firewall free from the lock.
    Thanks everyone.
    11-07-12 10:43 AM
    Thanks, IT policy removed and firewall unlocked.
    Still only have enterprise email as the only option, so ill keep searching the forum for a how to remove BES?
    01-17-13 01:51 AM
    mcsteve, do you have an active BLACKBERRY Data Plan?

Typically, seeing only the Enterprise Email option (and not the personal email setup option) is not indicative of the device having an IT Policy, but rather is indicative of not having the proper data plan set up for the device.
    01-17-13 05:49 AM
    mcsteve, do you have an active BLACKBERRY Data Plan?

Typically, seeing only the Enterprise Email option (and not the personal email setup option) is not indicative of the device having an IT Policy, but rather is indicative of not having the proper data plan set up for the device.
    A correct BIS included plan solved that non problem and all is working perfectly.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    01-29-13 01:26 PM
    I didnt try BBSk or any other methods where you need to edit files,I found a simpler and safer method to restore BB 9650 to Factory settings thus removing any IT policy.

How to check if IT policy is enabled or Disabled:

-If u want to check if "IT policy" is enabled for OS6 ,please go to options-Device and status information and type BUYR on keypad and bottom of screen you will get Buyers Remorse which will have info abt the data usage,voice usage and IT policy)

For other OS just go to options-Status and then type BUYR u will get info abt the "IT policy" if its is enabled or disabled)

Procedure for Resetting BB to Factory settings.

Requirement:
    1. BB os 4.3 above
    2. BB desktop manager 6.1

Can be used to:
    1. Restore BB to factory Settings.
    2. Remove an IT policy if enabled on BB.

Things to remember:
    1.Ensure to take full backup of ur BB device (applications, contacts etc).
    2.Dont Disconnect BB throughout the reset process.

Procedure:

1. Download desktop manager software 6.1.
    2. Connected the phone to desktop manager and go to the ? (Help button) in the upper right hand corner.
    3. Navigate to Support Resources>Support Tools.
    4. Select "Reset to factory settings" and its all automated from there!

This worked for me!!!!! Phone was saying browser has been locked. And calls failing. Done!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :*
    04-09-13 03:32 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD