I've searched and read through posts on this topic, but I couldn't locate the answer anywhere. Is it possible, on a Blackberry Bold, to access my work laptop remotely?

I'd like to be able to save attachments received on my Bold, to folders on my laptop. I'd also like to access docs saved to my laptop, from my Bold.

Thank you for all you do...
    04-23-09 08:07 PM
    I use RDM+ for this. Works rather well for me, I'm connected to both my work and home PCs. Mixed reviews on it, if you search for RDM+ here in the forums, you'll get feedback from both sides.
    04-23-09 08:10 PM
    I use RDM+ for this. Works rather well for me, I'm connected to both my work and home PCs. Mixed reviews on it, if you search for RDM+ here in the forums, you'll get feedback from both sides.
    It takes patients, but RDM+ Works pretty sweet! You can even transfer files (images, songs, etc) from your computer to your Blackberry and vice versa through this application OTA which is pretty nice! It's on sale in the app store for $20 I think.

RDM+: Remote Desktop for Mobiles - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    04-23-09 08:40 PM
    I bought RDM+. Installed it on my BB and downloaded it to my desktop and unzipped the files. I do not see any program for further install so I don't believe it is running. Also I did not get a computer number or if one is assigned during install, I can't access it because I don't see an install program in the unzipped files. Anyone know how to install this program to your computer and get a computer number. The website keeps talking about the computer number but doesn't explain how you get it or complete installation so my BB and computer can talk to each other. It's fully installed on my BB and ready to go but I can't get past this point and I've read all their instructions but they are not helping me. I received a registration number and I completed that on the BB
    04-25-09 10:03 AM
    I bought RDM+. Installed it on my BB and downloaded it to my desktop and unzipped the files. I do not see any program for further install so I don't believe it is running. Also I did not get a computer number or if one is assigned during install, I can't access it because I don't see an install program in the unzipped files. Anyone know how to install this program to your computer and get a computer number. The website keeps talking about the computer number but doesn't explain how you get it or complete installation so my BB and computer can talk to each other. It's fully installed on my BB and ready to go but I can't get past this point and I've read all their instructions but they are not helping me. I received a registration number and I completed that on the BB
    Inside the unzipped folder, you will find a program called desktop.exe. Run that, and it will install the desktop component. It will also prompt you to register your PC during the install. After the install is complete, it will assign you a computer number.

Good Luck.
    04-25-09 10:05 AM
    I can vouch for RDM+ as well....I just purchased it last week, and it is awesome! I like the fact how you can just install the desktop.exe to several different PCs (home, work, off-site) and still be able to manage multiple PCs remotely ..not just 1.

Great app!
    04-25-09 10:29 AM
    I tried it, and it worked, albeit a little slowly. But I suppose in a pinch/emergency, it would work. I'm tempted because it's on sale for $20 right now. Thinking I could always get it and then if I think I'll be in a situation where I'll need it, install it.
    04-25-09 10:40 AM
    First let me say that this program works as advertised BUT...

RDM+ requires a client program to be installed on each computer you wish to access and the problem is that software uses 25% to 50% of the computers CPU even when not connected. This results in a dramatic decrease in performance on the computer you wish to access. While you could turn it off until needed there is no way anyone would want this running in the background all the time.

I understand that there needs to be SOME background monitoring for a connection but the hit on performance and 25% to 50% CPU usage is unacceptable!

I have reported this to Shape Services but they have not responed.
    04-27-09 12:05 PM
    I use TSMobile. If I need files, I simply email them to myself and get them that way.
    04-27-09 02:46 PM

RDM+ requires a client program to be installed on each computer you wish to access and the problem is that software uses 25% to 50% of the computers CPU even when not connected. This results in a dramatic decrease in performance on the computer you wish to access. While you could turn it off until needed there is no way anyone would want this running in the background all the time.

I understand that there needs to be SOME background monitoring for a connection but the hit on performance and 25% to 50% CPU usage is unacceptable!

Would be nice if logmein worked. I don't believe their client used anywhere near that much...
    04-27-09 02:47 PM

FALSE. ^^Don't assume everyone has the same issue as you.

==============================================

==============================================
    04-27-09 04:57 PM
    Agreed, also have no issue with this. Haven't checked CPU usage while connected, but I'm not usually using my PC when connected anyways (for obvious reasons). When not remotely connected, CPU usage is minimal.
    04-27-09 10:14 PM
    Hello all, new to this forum.

I have been looking for a way to access my work computer remotely thorugh my Bold. I know logmein does not have an app for it which is dissappointing. I dont know why they would create one for iPhone over blackberry when blackberry is the premier business phone but i digress.

I notice the talk about Remote Desktop. Will this program allow me to remotely take control over my computer in real time?
    10-01-09 01:59 AM
    RDM+ :: Remote Access Tools

Different flavors depending upon what is already set up.

Now for the word of caution: does the IT department know you are doing this? What do they recommend? This can be a HUGE no-no with some employers as it is opening a whole in their security. Just check to make sure you are not opening yourself up to problems.

(At my current office location: this is a termination offense with no warning. You got your warning when you agreed to work at the facility.)
    10-01-09 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD