If Desktop Manager will not backup your Storm due to "Error Backing Up Databases," read this!

1. If you have not done so first, do a Battery Pull, and reset your computer.

2. If you have not done so already, upgrade to .151 firmware. (Fixes the issue)

If you do not want to upgrade to .151 then follow this:
    While your phone is connected, go to
    Backup and Restore>Advanced
    On the right hand Column, go to Browser Data Cache and click on it, then click Clear.
    Then do a Backup again
    07-15-09 05:19 PM
    It can get hung up on other databases besides this one. The process would be the same to skip those databases also though.
    07-15-09 05:35 PM
    I'd like to supplement your post. I also go into Advanced. However, I backup right from there (rather than going back to the regular backup screen): Single click first item under Device Databases, scroll to the very last item and shft+click it. All items in the list are now highlighted. Scroll backup to Browser Cache and ctrl+click it...these deselects that one item. Then click << in the middle of the screen and all the items (except browser cache) are "transferred" to the Computer Databases side. I then chose File As and save the backup to my desired location.

Why all these steps? Simply clearing browser cache has not always worked for me. Deselecting it as an item not to be backed up has.

Quick note to howarmat: although backup sometimes appears to hang/stop on databases other than browser cache, the method I described above has always overcome the backup error (regardless of which database was identified as the offender).
    07-15-09 05:45 PM
    Having upgraded to 90% of the 'leaked OS,' (currently using .151) whenever I can't back up my BB in DM, it is because I have not cleared my internet cache on the phone itself - easy fix:

-click browser on phone
    -BB menu
    -Options
    -Cache Operations
    -Clear all the items in there
    -back up as you normally would
    07-15-09 06:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD