DM gets a fatal error every time I try to restore my *.ipd backup to my new at&t warranty replacement torch. Doesn't matter if I uncheck the box for "backup on-board memory" or not. Same problem. New "refurbished" phone seems solid as can be, works great, its just that DM doesn't seem to like it much. Any ideas?

I'm looking for my DM install cd now to reinstall it, plus I also have the newer install somewhere on my ext hdd, but can't remember what the file is abbreviated as.... Can anybody remember what the *.exe setup file is entitled?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-11 05:43 PM
    OR.... You can go to Blackberry downloads and get the latest version.
    06-06-11 05:53 PM
    OR.... You can go to Blackberry downloads and get the latest version.
    No internet at home ATM... Found my newest version (5.1) , tried to install, told me my .NET framework needed to be installed, ....BUT, it was already installed (corrupted??). So I tried to reinstall .NET 3.5 from my "collection of software" and *it* also comes up with fatal error halfway thru "repair mode". So time for an xp reinstall ....dammit... I hate doing those, lol....

06-06-11 05:57 PM
    Update.

Fixed.

Had to uninstall and reinstall both .NET framework and desktop manager.

What a pain this was, this is why I'm a car mechanic and not a computer repairman, lol.

06-06-11 07:06 PM
    Nicely done. I prefer working on my Cherokee than my "Stinkpad".
    06-06-11 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD