OK I downloaded several times now the BB messenger 5.0....all works great until I go to add new apps through desktop manager....No matter what I add it wants to delete my messenger....my old version is always unchecked and my new version is always checked with the rest of my apps. If I proceed and my messenger gets deleted....they seem to both be gone..BUT I am not positive they are BOTH gone because when I go to re download the 5.0 version, it says it already exists but there is no icon anywhere to be found....not on my main page, not hidden nowhere!!! Can someone help me so I do NOT have to keep reinstalling the 5.0 version? Thanks
    02-19-10 08:53 PM
    get DM 4.6 without media manager 5.0 has a lot of problems.
    02-19-10 08:57 PM
    That's what I have....don't know what the problem is
    02-21-10 09:00 PM
    Can someone give me some other reasons why this is happening and how I can FIX it?
    02-25-10 09:07 AM
    That happened to me too, and I'm trying to remember exactly how I got around it. Try deleting the old BBM on the device itself (oddly, both versions can be on it at the same time.) Then I remember when Application Loader wanted to install the old version, I just backed up a step or two and unchecked it from the list. Eventually I got it cleaned up. Now the old version shows up as "Remove" and it is not checked (in App Loader.)

I am using Desktop Manager 5.0.1
    Last edited by ttfmaep; 02-25-10 at 09:35 AM.
    02-25-10 09:32 AM
    If you remove the rim_bb_qm_peer cod's from your OS Java folder, that should eliminate the problem.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 09:39 AM
    [QUOTE=BigBadWulf;4735345]If you remove the rim_bb_qm_peer cod's from your OS Java folder, that should eliminate the problem.

I dont see it in my java folder...then again I have a bunch of java folders....where abouts would I find the right one? In common files?
    Last edited by Jules621; 02-27-10 at 11:19 AM.
    02-27-10 11:10 AM
    Program Files->Common Files->Research in Motion->Shared->Loader Files->"Your Model # and OS Version"->Java

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-10 11:32 AM
    Thanks!! Should I delete all the peer resource files too? Also it is checked on my DM that the 5.0 is on phone and the other (older version) is unchecked...however...there is no icon for bb messenger on my phone at all...not even under hidden icons
    Last edited by Jules621; 02-27-10 at 11:56 AM.
    02-27-10 11:35 AM
    All that say net_rim_qm_peer* would be right, or you can install the correct BBM files by downloading them from here:

BBM 5.0.0.57 - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums

Then just copy and paste them in your Java folder. Sounds like BBM is on your device, and if you resent your service book:

Options->Advanced Options->Host Routing Table->Menu Key->Register Now

Wait a minute after you receive the email, pull the battery, then you should have the icon back. Replacing the older BBM version with the correct one will prevent any further issues.
    02-27-10 11:58 AM
    All that say net_rim_qm_peer* would be right, or you can install the correct BBM files by downloading them from here:

BBM 5.0.0.57 - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums

Then just copy and paste them in your Java folder. Sounds like BBM is on your device, and if you resent your service book:

Options->Advanced Options->Host Routing Table->Menu Key->Register Now

Wait a minute after you receive the email, pull the battery, then you should have the icon back. Replacing the older BBM version with the correct one will prevent any further issues.

Having trouble with the BBMHybrids link. Doesnt download to computer. I don't have OS 5.0... Am I suppose to download OTA? If so, how do I copy and paste to my java folder?
    02-27-10 12:28 PM
    Having trouble with the BBMHybrids link. Doesnt download to computer. I don't have OS 5.0... Am I suppose to download OTA? If so, how do I copy and paste to my java folder?
    I see! Thought it was all the files, but it's just a jad to access the OTA link. Tell you what, send me your email address through PM, and I'll send you a zip with the files, and instructions.
    02-27-10 12:49 PM
    Thanks! Sent it!
    02-27-10 01:02 PM
    I sent you back. Nah nah
    02-27-10 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD