Is anyone having issues with BB Desktop manager?? with the newer version (6.0 or whatever the verison is) my BB will not, for the life of me, connect!! I still have the original version of BB Desktop manager that came w/ the phone installed on my cell & my phone connects when I open that one up

A-- how do I get the newer version to work -- anyone else having issues??

B-- will this do anything to the BB if I just continue to use the older version of Desktop Manager??
    02-24-11 09:08 AM
    A-- I have version 6.0.1.18 and my Verizon BB Tour connects fine. I know there were issues when DM 6.0 first came out, but I think those have been resolved.

B-- Shouldn't hurt your BB.

What messages are you getting?
    02-24-11 10:47 AM
    Haven't noticed any issues myself. Are you using a USB hub? I believe those can cause some problem with syncing to BDM.
    03-04-11 05:16 PM
    I've been having issues as well. I just got a refurbished Tour on Sprint, off contract, last month. I've been having a terrible time connecting with both bluetooth and usb. I'm using a windows 7 64-bit laptop with the latest version of BDM. I'm using a Rocketfish usb micro bluetooth adapter (the tiny one, not the dongle). When I first tried bluetooth it connected one time, thank God, so I was able to sync my contacts, but not any more. Then I purchased the usb cable and have yet to get it to work. I have Memory Card Support On, Media Transfer Protocol On, Mass Storage Mode Support On, and Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected set to Prompt so I could try both options - neither works. I keep getting the message: "Content rights do not match the device" etc.
    03-04-11 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD