I'm still new to BBs. I got the Bold 9700 in January and still have the OS that it came with. Needless to say I'm not all the familiar with solving BB issues.

The problem:

Whenever I try to install a new app or something from desktop manager application loader, it removes blackberry messenger from my phone.

Basically, in DM, it shows BBM 4.7 and also BBM 5.0.0.57. In the application selection, 4.7 is unchecked while 5.0.0.57 is checked. Then, when I go to load up an app or theme, it says it will remove BBM.

After I go through the loading process and my phone restarts, BBM is gone.

This is getting annoying as it happens every time I want to load something onto the phone. I've messed around with the checkmarks with no success.

I don't remember how this all happened in the first place, but I must have done something.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can solve this? I might reset the Bold to its original settings and start all over if nothing else can be done.

Thanks all.
    03-21-10 11:20 PM
    It says its going to remove BBM but it actually means its going to remove the 4.7 version, but the 5.0 one will stay. Did you try holding the menu key? You should see the BBM icon from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-10 12:05 AM
    It says its going to remove BBM but it actually means its going to remove the 4.7 version, but the 5.0 one will stay. Did you try holding the menu key? You should see the BBM icon from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    After the process it removed BBM completely, not just 4.7.
    03-22-10 12:18 AM
    i have the same problem. does anyone have a fix for this?
    03-23-10 09:34 AM
    Bump. Anyone have a potential solution? I don't want to have to wipe my phone clean and start fresh to avoid this issue.
    03-27-10 03:07 PM
    I have the same/similar problem. updated BB Messenger on the phone directly (Storm 9530), but Desktop Mgr doesn't recognize the update. i.e. BBMgr only reports BBMsgr 4.7 which is not installed on the phone and does not recognize v 5.0 which IS installed on the phone.
    any help appreciated...
    04-07-10 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD