Suddenly print to go is not working from 2 pc's. Re/re on 1 pc and z30 and still getting error, check that your computer is connected to the internet and try again. Obviously, I have an internet connection in order to post this. Help, I need to "Keep Moving".
    05-01-14 06:53 PM
    Print to Go - BlackBerry Support Community Forums yeah it's not working for me too on windows 8.1 enterprise, the server https://ptg.blackberry.com is not accessible my end, is it your end? or is it world wide...
    05-01-14 07:44 PM
    Couldn't get it working last week. I hope it's not permanent.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 10:03 PM
    I had a print to go error too, I figured it was from the 10.2.1 update, I guess not.
    05-01-14 11:22 PM
    My Print To Go stopped working today. I tried all the usual tricks to get it working but after some web searching I found that my problem is not isolated... can anyone confirm it's working for them? Thanks

Link to similar reported issues:

https://supportforums.blackberry.com...g/td-p/2869394

Print to Go - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 03:04 PM
    My Print To Go stopped working today. I tried all the usual tricks to get it working but after some web searching I found that my problem is not isolated... can anyone confirm it's working for them? Thanks

Link to similar reported issues:

https://supportforums.blackberry.com...g/td-p/2869394

Print to Go - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I put you here as it is on going .. have tweeted BBHelp and nothing yet.
    05-05-14 06:00 PM
    bb tech support has been trying to resolve for last two weeks. we just got off the phone with microsoft and they wanted $$$ to support windows 8.1. we are now on hold with shaw. i wonder if shaw is the common denominator (2 of 3 confirmed on shaw) because i have tried on 3 different pcs. is any one else on shaw?
    05-10-14 10:28 PM
    Sorry to frankenstein this thread back to life, but is anyone else out there presently experiencing issues with the Print To Go service? It doesn't seem to be an issue isolated to Windows, as I can't get to the http://ptg.blackberry.com page from two different systems. This is the web site which is called when you initiate to the Print To Go printer, and then it gets you to sign into your BBID.

I only just tried it now, so I don't know how long it's been down.

UPDATE: It looks like it's trying to come up, but there's some kind of issue on their end. Let's see if it's resolved by tomorrow afternoon. By the way, this is the service for BB10 and not just PlayBook.
    Last edited by terminatorx; 02-21-15 at 01:32 AM.
    02-21-15 01:14 AM
    Same problem here. Try to print from pc and the window that opens up has a header that says you need to log in with blackberry id, but remainder of page won't successfully load. Try going to the ptg.blackberry.com page in a browser and get a server ssl error.
    02-21-15 04:59 PM
    I just tested the site again, and it's still not loading for me either. I thought it would have been fixed by now, so it looks like either this Print To Go service is discontinued (which I would find very surprising since no communication was made) or it's a case of the internal administrators for for the PTG site/service being unaware that there is a problem. The latter is understandable, but there's got to be a better way to report problems like this. The outages shouldn't be that long for a public facing service.
    02-21-15 07:37 PM
    I played around with it a bit more, and it looks to be a problem caused by a Windows update.
    Windows update kb2996211 was issued at the end of November 2014, and appears to be the culprit.

Print-to-Go fails if this update is installed on your PC. If you remove this update, then Print-to-Go works fine.
    I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit edition. BB Q10 with latest 10.3.1 official release installed.

Unfortunately the Windows Update appears to have been issued to address a security flaw, so I would hope Blackberry will update their desktop Print-to-Go driver so that it works when the windows update is installed.
    02-23-15 09:50 AM
    I saw your post last night Javaman, but I didn't get a chance to reply as I wanted to do some more testing. I still can't get to ptg.blackberry.com from a Windows 8 or Windows 7 system, and I also tried this morning from a CentOS box running Firefox.

Good finding on the kb2996211... I'll try uninstalling that to see if it fixes the issue on my end.

Speaking of these issues, does anyone know what the official or preferred method is to report an issue to BlackBerry? I don't think the BlackBerry Support forums count, as I've only ever seen moderators and other users trying to help each other. There's got to be a better process than engaging the BlackBerry folks via "twitter" (which in my opinion is so cliche and lame).
    02-24-15 11:06 AM
    I saw your post last night Javaman, but I didn't get a chance to reply as I wanted to do some more testing. I still can't get to ptg.blackberry.com from a Windows 8 or Windows 7 system, and I also tried this morning from a CentOS box running Firefox.

Good finding on the kb2996211... I'll try uninstalling that to see if it fixes the issue on my end.

Speaking of these issues, does anyone know what the official or preferred method is to report an issue to BlackBerry? I don't think the BlackBerry Support forums count, as I've only ever seen moderators and other users trying to help each other. There's got to be a better process than engaging the BlackBerry folks via "twitter" (which in my opinion is so cliche and lame).

Twitter @BlackBerryHelp They respond pretty fast

Is anybody's PTG working?? Mine still isnt, and I need it!!!
    03-29-15 08:37 PM
    My Print to Go not working...any solutions running 10.3.1 on Z10
    04-07-15 07:44 PM
    PTG not working for me either on Z30, Z10 or Playbook from either Windows XP or 7. Used to work just fine. I did the fix for Windows 7 (deleting that specific update for Windows from last November), so I can at least get to the stage of 'printing ' a file, but the same error message appears every time: Error code 500.

I tweeted @BlackBerryhelp who, after some back and forth, asked me to escalate with my carrier (Rogers), who basically told me to get lost because they said that's how BlackBerry gets rid of people who need help. The guy at Rogers said BlackBerry would bill them for helping me if they had to include BlackBerry in the process. Which of course they would have to do, as it's a BlackBerry phone and damn BlackBerry app!

@BlackBerryhelp also tried the same thing when I asked them about the incredibly slow File Manager access to cloud accounts after the OS update. Why that should need to include the carrier is beyond me.

To put it succinctly, @BlackBerryhelp is absolutely useless. I am dismayed by their lack of skill, knowledge, or even basic customer service.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 06:16 PM
    It started working sporadically a week or so ago. So far this weekend Ive printed 3 documents with no problem. Is it working for everyone else or should I not get my hopes up. It's nail biting waiting to see "locating" change to "sending"
    05-04-15 08:35 AM
    Hasn't worked for me since I got passport, also at that same time I upgraded to windows 8.1, but I don't use it enough to really be impacted by it not working.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 08:56 AM
    Yep, it just worked for me now! I had to log out and back in again to get it to work, but once I did it worked finally!

It also started working again on my Playbook as well. Very happy to have this feature back. I actually needed it badly last week.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 03:37 PM
    Thanks for finding that KB problem. I could not find KB2996211 on my system nor could I find that KB through Google (I didn't bother checking MSDN) but there was an update KB2992611 so I removed that and now PTG works find with my Passport and PC running 32 bit Windows 7.
    zavaletaintl likes this.
    06-01-15 10:54 AM
    And the removal of KB2992611 from my other laptop running Windows 7 also got Print To Go working on that one as well.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 06:08 PM
    Crackberry Forum to the rescue, Thank you guys I couldnt (and apparently neither Blackberry support) figure out what the problem was in regards to the "make sure your computer is connected to the internet" error for Print 2 Go however removing the KB2996211 update finally fixed the issue. thank you PMANDER for your suggestion, back to business.
    06-16-15 11:21 AM
    Well, I, too, canNOT run Print-to-go. I get a small window "log in using BlackberryID" and I get some redirected error about a webpage was cancelled.

I'm on Win7 but it is a relatively newish computer so that KB2996211 is not part of any update (possibly incorporated into the Win7 when it was loaded).

Ideas?
    11-23-15 02:59 PM