Hi, I have used black berry over a year - not a newbie. Been syncing to outlook with desktop manager all that time. Suddenly it won't work anymore. I reinstalled desktop manager, I rebooted both device (bold 9780) and laptop but desktop manager does not recognise device plugged in (by USB as always). All the troubleshooting things I already know about - stuff like "check your USB cable is plugged in properly" etc. this is completely freaking me out because the only thing I can see that's changed is I've got desktop manager 7.1 instead of 6.0. is there suddenly no backwards integration with OS6 devices or what? WOuld be very grateful for any ideas.
    i don't want to migrate from Blackberry. it's been totally reliable until now. and it's the only phone where OUTLOOK can still be synced with a USB cable [I will NOT do cloud!]
    10-31-12 11:28 AM
    Hi, I have used black berry over a year - not a newbie. Been syncing to outlook with desktop manager all that time. Suddenly it won't work anymore. I reinstalled desktop manager, I rebooted both device (bold 9780) and laptop but desktop manager does not recognise device plugged in (by USB as always). All the troubleshooting things I already know about - stuff like "check your USB cable is plugged in properly" etc. this is completely freaking me out because the only thing I can see that's changed is I've got desktop manager 7.1 instead of 6.0. is there suddenly no backwards integration with OS6 devices or what? WOuld be very grateful for any ideas.
    i don't want to migrate from Blackberry. it's been totally reliable until now. and it's the only phone where OUTLOOK can still be synced with a USB cable [I will NOT do cloud!]
    Have you downloaded the upto date desktop device manager 7 not to confuse with Desktop manager 7.1, also I had to leave my BB connected to the PC then I did a restart on PC and my BB was then recognised then it was fine. I beleave 7.1 has a different connector something to do with the playbook. Because of other issues around syncing with outlook I then rolled back to desktop manager 6.1 which has always worked well for me.
    PS I'm with you with regard to the cloud, this link should get you to the english version of desktop device manager
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...509DB218.node1
    Last edited by daveycrocket; 11-04-12 at 02:01 PM.
    11-04-12 01:40 PM