I have completely screwed up my desktop manager. When I try to re-install I get a message that something is running. When I try to delete all old Blackberry stuff I get a msg that I don't have permission. .148 is unbearable as far as battery time, I'm getting 3-4hrs of idle time and then dead. I need to get DM installed so that I can downgrade to an older OS.
    05-23-09 07:09 PM
    .148 isnt causing your battery to drain like that

As for the computer problems, you probably need to log on as administrator and delete
    05-23-09 07:19 PM
    Matt, Thank you. I don't know how it can't be .148..Everything was fine until I went from 141 to 148. As for as the DM. I am the administrator, unless there is a separate login for that. I will have to keep trying thank you for your help though. I just tried again and I get a msg the the install was interrupted. Don't know, frustrated.
    05-23-09 07:38 PM
    Did you reboot your computer after uninstalling? Please try and then reinstall.

Battery problem has got to be something else. I'm getting 18 hours easily. I do charge nightly and I don't allow battery to fully discharge.

If worst comes to worst borrow another pc and download DM. Really the only reason you need DM is for backup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 08:35 PM
    Hookbill, Thank you I will Reboot and then try to reinstall. I can use my wifes laptop to install DM. I did have google maps running somehow without gps enabled so it may have been trying to find a location without the gps.
    05-23-09 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD