Good morning,

I'm hoping someone can help. I've searched the boards, and internet in general, for this problem but couldn't find anything.

I have my Tour set up to sync with my company computer. It will sync successfully, but there are several calendar items that will repeatedly show up even if I re-sync within seconds of each other. The only change suggested to be made is in the Meeting Attendees, where it will have some names listed as "Last, First" on the device but as "First Last" on the desktop. It will never resolve itself after repeated synchs even when I accept the proposed changes.

Thoughts on how to fix this? I know I could just remove the attendees field from my sync, but I like to see who has been invited to the meetings on my BB when I'm not at work.

Thanks,
    Joe
    03-24-10 09:16 AM
    I notice that for the most part, the occurrence of this problem were with meetings I had scheduled. When I removed myself from from my contacts, it cleaned up the number of meetings this occured by 2/3 (was ~60, is ~20).
    You may want to try that or see if there is a specific contact that is troubling your setup
    04-12-10 05:00 PM
    Issue Resolution(?)
    This is how I am resolving this issue when there is a conflict in the Attendees of a meeting:

1) Compare Contacts, not changes (Who is conflicting)
    2) Accept Changes
    3) Remove conflicting contacts from outlook calendar (Save info for later)
    4) Sync w/ BB two more times. This should reconcile that specific calendar item
    5) re-add deleted contact FROM THE MEETING INVITE. Add any missing info (phone numbers, home address) from notes from step 3.

This has cleaned up most if not ALL of my sync issues.
    04-19-10 01:42 PM
    I had the same problem as JoeyLigs with my Tour 9630 and may have found a solution;

1) Connect the device and go to Desktop Manager
    2) Go to Synchronize / Configure Synchronization
    3) Select Calendar to Microsoft Outlook and click the Advanced button.
    4) Select Map Fields
    5) Deselect the mapping between Attendees and Meeting Attendees.
    6) Select OK a few times to exit out and save the changes.
    7) Re-sync.

I found that the conflict occurrences ceased and the meeting attendee info is retained in the BB. I had thought if I de-selected this mapping that the attendee info would not be mapped to the BB, but it seems to be retained.
    04-28-10 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD