So my desktop manager is fully updated and works with my Storm.

For work I was given one of the newer Curves. I want to transfer files, mainly contact list, to the new phone. That way if I make a change on one phone, I want to be able to make that change on the other phone easily.

When I plug in the new phone, the desktop manager recognizes the pin as well as the model number. It tried at one point to update the device software but pretty much froze. I was able to mess around with it until I got to the point of transferring the contact list but I got an error message.

On a side note, when I do plug in the new phone, the computer doesn't recognize the hardware as an external device or drive. But it does charge it.

Both phones are from two different carriers.

So how do I make two devices run off one device manager?
    04-14-10 08:36 PM
    I don't know anything special you have to do. I have plugged two different Tours into my DM. If you use backup and restore, you just have to change the names from the defaults or you may overwrite a backup unintentionally. You don't say what error message you got, so I can't help with that.

As for not recognizing the device, do you have Mass Storage Mode enabled?

The bottom line is that what you are trying to do should work with no extra effort on your part.
    04-14-10 09:15 PM
    It's weird...

I plug in the 8900, it goes through it's thing looking for an update, then it automatically tries to update the phone contact list (which is what I want). When I click 'accept' for the addtions of the contacts to the 8900, my error message is a box that shows up with 'Intellisync' in the top left corner, with 'Connector Specific Error'
    04-14-10 10:02 PM
    I'm not familiar with that error message, but I Googled it and found this thread, which sounds like what you are experiencing. Read it and see if it works for you.
    Intellisync "connector specific error" when trying to sync - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    04-14-10 10:15 PM
    I'm all good. Thanks for your help!! It was having issues with the contacts that had pictures assigned to them by my Storm. The Curve couldn't take them so I removed the option of the pictures being transferred over.
    04-15-10 07:51 AM
    Thanks for posting your solution. That will help the next person who has the same problem.
    04-15-10 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD