I am trying to sync my BB Curve with outlook, but when I go to configure the sync, there is not an option to sync to outlook.
    12-30-09 08:38 AM
    Make sure Outlook is installed properly.

Also make sure it's set as the default access in windows..
    12-30-09 08:49 AM
    This is something that occurred after I upgraded to the latest version of DTM. I could not get connected so I "reset" the configuration, and when I went back in to set it up again, there was no longer an option for Outlook. I don't know if there is any relationship or not, but at about the same time I upgraded from MS office 2003 to 2007.... deleted 2003 through the control panel... cleaned up with CCleaner... then installed 2007 (I had heard that if there were two versions of MS office on the hard drive that it could cause issues. Also, I was set up before to sync to a virtual drive with the outlook file, since the original is on my server and Techs won't let us set up to sync directly on the server.... has worked for nearly 1 year so that does not seem to be the issue.

thanks for your reply!
    12-30-09 08:58 AM
    I'm having the same problem. If you figure it out, please let us know. What a pain!
    01-01-10 06:48 PM
    I am also having the same problems I am just getting ASCII Importer/Exporter and Yahoo! available. I would like to sync to google calendar or outlook.

Let me know if this is resolved :-)
    01-13-10 11:51 AM
    Same thing happening to me. Outlook 2003, nothing updated recently from MS. I updated DM normally through it's own "update check" and everything kept running fine. The problem for me happened when I wanted to reset the sync setting for Calendar to transfer all my old appointments from my Outlook Calendar to my BB. The BB is dropping anything over 30 days and I sometimes need to look way back.

So I've figured out that the only way to get back to the check box where I can instruct DM to sync ALL appointments is to go to the "configure" synchro box, remove the outlook association from the calendar then add it again. When adding it again you get the options box to synchro all appointments, nowhere else that I can find.

With that mission in mind I opened the "configure" sync screen and removed outlook from all my "device applications". Problem is that it never came back as an option when trying to setup the device application anew. Just like ShadyLadyDQ says, only the ASCII importer and Yahoo appear as options.

I do not have an Exchange server - I have a standalone PC using Outlook 2003 with my pop mail client. After messing around for a few days I discovered that by modifying the DM install (using add/remove programs) and configuring it for use with "a work email account" (specifically for use with a Blackberry Enterprise Server) and then choose "Microsoft Exchange" as the Enterprise Server the Outlook associations have returned to their proper settings for each of the four device applications. Then, are you worn out yet?, I can modify DM again, using the add/remove control panel, and set it back to "for personal email", and the associations remain. But go to remove the Outlook association from any of the device apps and you won't get the option back again without another round of modifying the DM installation.

Hopefully somebody who knows a lot more than I do can read these "symtoms" and share a cure. It just seems like something in DM 5.0.1 is not picking up the presence of Outlook 2003 on the computer unless it's first "forced" by choosing the Enterprise server "mode" and then switching back.

Someday I'll get all those old calendar entries in my BB but for now I'll be happy to just be able to keep current!
    01-26-10 07:35 PM
    Is there a solution to this? I have Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2007 and DM doesnt list Outlook as an option.
    02-01-10 03:37 PM
    I share the same problem as many: I have a new DELL Latitude notebook with windows 7 and Outlook 2007. I installled Desktop Manager 5.0.1. I cannot get past the configurations to synchronize:

1) When I select the options for direction of synchronization , an Error window pops up, with no error message in it besides the "Error" heading. I then close down that and...

2) I select Outlook (the same happens with all the options) and it askes me to slect my Outlook user profile, but no options are actually given. If I press "Next", then a ew error message pops up that says "This option cannot be accepted.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks.
    02-03-10 03:28 PM
    I'm also having the same problem. I have no option to select Outlook for synchronization. I'm running Outlook 2010, and I've set all the defaults and everything. Does synchronization need to be set up for email in order for Outlook to appear in the options maybe (because mine isn't; I just want to sync my contact, memos, and tasks)?
    06-04-10 02:38 PM
    People.... please use the Search function of this site...

Outlook 2010 is presently NOT supported by Desktop Manager..

Read this thread to find a workaround: http://forums.crackberry.com/f153/mi...anager-269932/
    06-04-10 03:25 PM
    I also have no option to select Outlook for synchronization. I'm running Outlook 2000 - is this supported for Blackberry sync? I also saw references in the posts above about setting defaults - how do I go about doing this?
    06-06-10 02:58 AM
    I share the same problem as many: I have a new DELL Latitude notebook with windows 7 and Outlook 2007. I installled Desktop Manager 5.0.1. I cannot get past the configurations to synchronize:

1) When I select the options for direction of synchronization , an Error window pops up, with no error message in it besides the "Error" heading. I then close down that and...

2) I select Outlook (the same happens with all the options) and it askes me to slect my Outlook user profile, but no options are actually given. If I press "Next", then a ew error message pops up that says "This option cannot be accepted.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks.
    This is due to Outlook not being the default MAPI program. Open your "Default Programs" from Control Panel and select Outlook and check the MAPI service as belonging to Outlook.
    06-27-10 11:15 AM
    lets see here........that occurred after I upgraded to the latest version of DTM. UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL DTM! something probably didn't install right!
    07-07-10 05:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD