Hey guys, question for you.

Ive never used the Switch device feature in desktop manager cause I never really saw the need for it. What I would do when I got a new phone was always backup, then restore all the settings and stuff to my new phone. It would always work, including all my BBM contacts would have my new pin without even knowing it. It would just switch on the server. I always thought it was cool that the new PIN would automatically be updated to all my contacts.

But today, the LCD on my 9700 broke and I went back to my old phone (another 9700). I already had a backup on the computer and went to restore this to my old phone. Everything went fine, and when I went to my BBM I had all my contacts. Thing is, when I messaged them I had to re-add everyone. Does anyone know why this is?

Would doing a device switch have fixed that? This hasnt ever happened before.

What is the difference between a device switch and a backup/restore?

Thanks!
    12-20-10 01:42 AM
    anyone? someone must have used device switch before
    12-23-10 04:33 PM
    i am having the same issue, did you find a fix? on my other phone (9700) i did a local back up and restore on the phone memory, and it fixed it, but on the torch it does not.

if you managed to solve it, please let me know how you did it,

Regards
    12-23-10 06:14 PM
    ...What is the difference between a device switch and a backup/restore?...
    A backup/restore only restores the personal databases. It doesn't restore 3rd party apps. The Device Switch Wizard has the ability to attempt to port 3rd party apps to the new device.
    12-23-10 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD