I have a friend that is having issues with her BB at home. No BES, just Desktop Manager 4.1.1. No gmail, just Outlook 2003 and redirector. Is it possible the the internet service is also sending email?

Do I delete the service books or am I thinking BES and that really does not do anything with the Desktop Manager?

She gets duplicate emails for everything and also gets numerous emails that say the following:

SUBJECT: RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2

This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

BEGINETP 10
    Ax8OAAAAAAAAAQ!!
    ENDETP -87878649
    Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Any help would be appreciated.
    08-04-08 05:59 AM
    First off your friend is using a very old version of DM. you may want to update that. Also it would help if you would supply the device model and OS version of the device.

Here is a place for you to start:

Receiving Duplicate Messages

For more recent versions of DM, select the Software tab at the top, then the BlackBerry Desktop Software tab.
    08-04-08 07:05 AM
    Why is she using redirector? Get her to uninstall bb desktop manager and reinstall it then go to options-advanced options-service books and delete her email service books and resend them
    08-04-08 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD