HELP!

basically I am taking my phone back tomorrow as my trackball is being lame! so I need to back up some stuff, namely my phonebook, pratically everything else is expendable.

I have loaded up the desktop manager, but for some reason mine doesn't "click" any of the options, it acts like a read only page! It's probabiyl because my dads pc is lame!

Also how does one go about resetting the 8900 back to factory settings, just in case someone in pagu pagu gets my email login!
    11-11-09 12:58 PM
    What version of DM are you using? I would recommend version 4.6 without media manager.

Once you have your backup of the device, to wipe it:

Options > Security Options > General Settings > BB Button > Wipe Handheld
    11-11-09 01:11 PM
    I am just uninstalling the DM, and I will redownload it, it's possible that it just never installed right.

*edit* I just got a vscript error whilst trying to uninstall DM, hmm, I'll try updating it again (it's on 4.5 atm)
    11-11-09 01:28 PM
    Right desktop manager seems out of the question! I can't seem to run in properly, nor can I delete it, does any of the other indy progs like BBSAK back up stuff like phonebook?
    11-11-09 01:36 PM
    Uninstall DM completely and reboot your PC. Now install DM 4.6 with no media manager as aristile says from here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

DM is highly reliable and there is most likey something else is causing the problem. perhaps something on your PC.
    11-11-09 04:15 PM
    Not sure if you returned the device yet or not but here is another solution I read about in the Blogs:

ZBook Over-The-Air Phonebook Backup for BlackBerry Smartphones | CrackBerry.com
    11-12-09 05:03 PM
    And if a program [DM] won't uninstall properly, try a prog called Revo Uninstaller. Works great for hard to remove apps.
    11-12-09 05:13 PM
    Hello. New to forums--first post. I have a similar problem maybe. I have my new Curve 8900 right here (to replace my 8900 whose trackball is horrible). I need to get my data, etc., into Desktop Manager. I stupidly ran the update thing, which I've resisted since last February, and now DM won't recognize my BB. I can't find any way to type in my PIN. I'm not very computer savvy, so I'm hoping there's a relatively simple thing I can do. Anything? (I moved my SIM card and my media card to the new phone, and my contacts were gone, even the ones that I had saved to my SIM card over the years. When I put the cards back in my bad Curve, everything's there, so I first want to do a backup and then try to save everything to the SIM card, which I'd have been doing all along if I could have figured out how to do it. . .) Argh.
    11-12-09 09:57 PM
    I figured it out! And now I have a Curve 8900 with a track ball that WORKS!
    11-13-09 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD