Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation Memo Unexpexted Back Error

Hi,

I want to back up my Bold 9900, but I got an error message on memos, everything else is backed up, only memos

I tried deleted the chache, clearing the phone history! I've got almost 300 notes, is that the problem?

Thank you for your help!

PS
    I'm using the latest version of DM on mac, my device software is 7.0
    Last edited by rab ba; 06-14-2012 at 05:41 PM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,088 Global Posts
    PIN
    32E87D6D

I can't believe 300 notes would be the problem. Subscribed to see what the answer could be. Just curious, what kind of notes are you storing? Something in particular or any and everything?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Tõnis View Post
    I can't believe 300 notes would be the problem. Subscribed to see what the answer could be. Just curious, what kind of notes are you storing? Something in particular or any and everything?
    any and everything, texts, characters, it used to back up very well in March, I'm trying since April to back up and I've got the same error.

subscribe in what?
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,088 Global Posts
    PIN
    32E87D6D

Oh, I meant I made a reply to subscribe to your topic so I can follow it. I want to learn what the answer is.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Tõnis View Post
    Oh, I meant I made a reply to subscribe to your topic so I can follow it. I want to learn what the answer is.
    oh, ok, thank anyway!
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,088 Global Posts
    PIN
    32E87D6D

At least it bumped your post.
    CrackBerry User

Try this. Make a full back up of your information
    Once done, enable one way sync from device to Outlook and sync up
    Then, using the Delete Data function to delete the memos. REMEMBER! You have created a back up, so if anything goes wrong (it shouldn't though) you'll be fine.
    Again, enable back the 2 way sync and sync up.
    By then, it should be fixed! Let us know how it went
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by BPTS_BCTS View Post
    Try this. Make a full back up of your information
    Once done, enable one way sync from device to Outlook and sync up
    Then, using the Delete Data function to delete the memos. REMEMBER! You have created a back up, so if anything goes wrong (it shouldn't though) you'll be fine.
    Again, enable back the 2 way sync and sync up.
    By then, it should be fixed! Let us know how it went

I can only use the 2 way sync with (Apple Mail Notes), I don't know how to sync it with outlook.. even with the Apple Mail Notes, I got error in syncing! any idea?
    CrackBerry User

that sucks, sorry but I am not very familiar with the Apple environment.
    The only thing I can think of is backing up your device, using DS do a factory reset and then restore your backup and finally try to sync
    Hope it gets solved
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Same exact problem!

I've been having this same exact problem for about the same time. BTW there is no way to do a complete backup to outlook (as was suggested above) because there is an error specifically with memos when doing a complete backup. So everything except for memos will be saved. I don't even use outlook and I'm backing up my blackberry bold 9930 on a Mac. I also have more than one hundred memos and I NEVER had a problem with this in the past. The problem began a few months ago. I assume it began after a Blackberry Desktop Software update but I can't confirm this, but I know it wasn't a problem in the past and nothing has changed with my memos or my phone. I would appreciate any advice on how to fix this. I plan on remaining a blackberry customer when blackberry 10 becomes available but this kind of problem may force me to no longer use blackberry because the notes function is one of the most important aspects of a smartphone for me personally. I am quite sure I'm not the only one. Even if Blackberry 10 fixes this problem, if all my notes are lost in the transition, I won't have enough faith in this device to but the next one. Again this issue is with a Blackberry Bold 9930/9900 backing up the MEMOs on with Blackberry Desktop Software.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by BPTS_BCTS View Post
    ...The only thing I can think of is backing up your device, using DS do a factory reset and then restore your backup and finally try to sync
    Hope it gets solved
    But that is the problem. We CANT backup the device. The back up is successful but with an erros specifically indicating that the Memos fail to back up. So following your advice would permanently delete all the memos with have. That is exactly what we are trying to avoid.