Ok so i downloaded the DM for Mac, synced my calendar, contacts, and tasks, everything went perfect. Then i went to media and it says I have to insert a media card. My card is already in my Storm so I took it out, put it back in (Storm recognizes card) but it still doesn't work. I enabled mass media usage which is what the help site said to do, still no luck. I formatted the card, still no luck. Can anyone help me out with this. Because of it I have lost every single thing on my media card. I at least want to salvage something!
    Thanks
    10-02-09 02:05 PM
    I had the same problem, I formatted the card then repaired both the card and the device memory and it showed up
    10-02-09 02:12 PM
    I had the same problem, I formatted the card then repaired both the card and the device memory and it showed up
    hey how did you repair the device memory and the card? i've had the same problem as the OP and want to get this figured out. I already formatted the card so as of now I have no music, which is really disappointing.
    10-02-09 08:27 PM
    ya my phone now freezes when I format my card, im so disappointed and I can't figure out what to do?!
    10-03-09 03:38 AM
    Same problem with Media Card on my 8110 Pearl. I've never got it to mount with PocketMac and the new DM for Mac is the same. I've reformatted the card too and gone through all the Mass Storage options on the phone, reconnecting etc.

However, I'm not convinced this is the issue, as this phone's card has always been recognised on a PC (used in desperation).

To say I'm disappointed in DM for Mac is an understatement.
    10-03-09 07:17 AM
    I am having the same issue on my Storm. Tells me that there is not media card inserted.
    10-03-09 07:57 AM
    I am right there with you. Have a media card that is recognized by the Storm but not the DM.

Also I can not see the BB under my finder where in the past there was BB1 and BB2.

Apple tech support confirms there is nothing wrong with my computer- so now what?
    10-03-09 07:20 PM
    what os are you guys running? ive been running 5.0 on my storm and since the official dm was released it wont show the drives or recognize the media card but my wife's storm running .148 doesnt have any problems. I know its not a card issue with mine because i put it in her phone and it showed up as a mountable drive. Thats why im guessing its the os, although i will say that bb1 and 2 would both show up using the leaked beta version of the dm. I've been looking for a link to that all morning with the hopes that maybe it would make a difference.
    10-04-09 11:31 AM
    what os are you guys running? ive been running 5.0 on my storm and since the official dm was released it wont show the drives or recognize the media card but my wife's storm running .148 doesnt have any problems. I know its not a card issue with mine because i put it in her phone and it showed up as a mountable drive. Thats why im guessing its the os, although i will say that bb1 and 2 would both show up using the leaked beta version of the dm. I've been looking for a link to that all morning with the hopes that maybe it would make a difference.
    I am running .148 and cannot get DM to recognize the card.
    10-04-09 10:52 PM
    I am in the same boat. I am running .148 as well.
    10-06-09 10:00 AM
    i am trying to download dm for macs on a friends mac. it is saying "this software does not support your current operating system". please help.
    10-06-09 08:38 PM
    I went to the Blackberry Official Site, and it seems that this has been an issue even before macs release of DM, i see that they have a type of fix, however it is an .exe file, has anyone tried that califix.exe?
    10-08-09 04:13 PM
    califix.exe can be found in this link

View Document
    10-08-09 04:22 PM
    califix.exe can be found in this link

View Document
    The califix patch is only compatible with PC, not Mac.
    10-12-09 10:54 AM
    This is so annoying. RIM = major FAIL for this
    10-12-09 05:33 PM
    My dm and media card were working perfectly. I got a replacement storm though the other day and ever since then i cant access my media card on my mac (whether i use dm or not). I have some pics i wanna transfer to my comp but they are a lot and itll take way too long...
    10-12-09 09:05 PM
    My dm and media card were working perfectly. I got a replacement storm though the other day and ever since then i cant access my media card on my mac (whether i use dm or not). I have some pics i wanna transfer to my comp but they are a lot and itll take way too long...
    In exactly the same situation
    10-14-09 09:21 PM
    its bc Verizon gave you a refurbished phone just like me
    10-14-09 09:51 PM
    Just completed an update to Desktop Manager last night. Was too tired to Sync last night. Just tried it this morning and my media card is now recognized.
    12-12-09 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD