I'm trying to switch my data from my Pearl over to the new 8520 (yes, it's awesome!) and desktop manager refuses to download properly. I have tried different versions and none will work yet all are doing the same thing. I exact the .exe file and download the setup file. When it says its installed and I open the program the images for all the icons are missing, the background is just black and the writing white, and I can't see half of the buttons and writing and I can't click on most of it.

I NEED to get my info transferred over for work tomorrow. Help??
    08-03-09 10:30 PM
    Are you getting desktop manager from an internet source or from the disk that comes with the 8520?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 03:39 AM
    Go to www.blackberry.com/downloads and download the Desktop Manager. Its much better than using the CD. Or go to Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com and in the search box enter "downloads" then desktop software>access your providers website>scroll and find yours then select the desktop software from there.
    08-04-09 04:11 AM
    Are you just trying to get your contacts and bbm ported over. If that is what you are trying all you need to do is use the device switcher in DM.

And to get DM to download use the disc that came with the 8520 or go to blackberry.com an. Download it from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 10:38 AM
    I've tried to download desktop manager from the website AND from the CD. I have tried to download previous versions of DM off the website as well. I can't get ANY version to work.
    08-04-09 05:37 PM
    It might be your computer. I had the same problem, but discovered it was really my computer. My laptop is only 8 years old. I could not get the DM to work and transfer over any of my contacts, memos, calendar, etc. I had to manually input them all in - which you know sucked!! I'm still doing it. I finally purchased a new laptop, which has yet to be delivered (hopefully within the next few days). I will then try to get the DM to work. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will let you all know. I'm sorry, I know that wasn't much help, but I found out that by the time you finally get some help, it was faster to manually input all the information - again! And - this was after spending 4 hours on the phone with RIM (I'm not joking!) AND $59.00 at Data Doctors, which they could not help other than to confirm my computer is too old and ready to be retired. Good luck, and let me know how you fair.
    09-03-09 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD