Hi, I just did a format and had to reinstall Desktop MGR. Download goes fine and just at the end of the install I get 2 popup error messages. Never seen before. One is Rim. Desktop Helper and the other is Rim. Desktop Auto Updater. Both saying it must shut down and the install just quits. Hope this is posted in the right place. Annoyed because I can't B/U my berries + get new O/S's. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    11-01-12 12:30 PM
    Have you installed windows updates? Optional updates too?
    11-01-12 12:37 PM
    Hi, I now have all windows updates & yes optional. Still receive these messages..

Rim.DesktopHelper has encountered a problem and needs to close

Rim.DesktopHelper. AutoUpdate has encountered a problem and needs to close
    11-01-12 04:50 PM
    Is it in add remove programs or programs and features? If so I would uninstall and redownload and reinstall.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    11-01-12 05:21 PM
    sometimes virusware/firewall can cause problems, I use windows 7 32bit and have reinstalled many times,without issues, I do however use version 6.1 as had problems with the latest version (not installation).
    Have you redownloaded DM incase you have a corrupted download.
    Also have you administrator status try loading as Administrator, right click the install program, Run as administrator.(BlackBerry advice)
    Last edited by daveycrocket; 11-01-12 at 05:39 PM.
    11-01-12 05:24 PM
    Hi again, I have tried ver 6 & 7. Both same issues. Tried to D/L and reinstall a few times now.

I will try ver 6 again with firewall + virus off. I am setup as an a Administrator
    11-01-12 05:37 PM
    A bit strange, which windows version? It is poss to have a corrupted windows install. Have you tried a system restore before you downloaded DM?
    11-01-12 05:44 PM
    Hi, Just tried to load ver 6 with antivirus, windows firewall + comodo firewall off. Still no joy. Great idea, I will check system restore. I did do a format on Tues.
    11-01-12 05:54 PM
    good luck, my bed becons (UK), I assume you had it working prior to tthe format (do you mean a windows OS install) Do you have outlook on your PC? a long shot try a repair or reinstall as there is a connector which may create a problem but that would be when trying to connect the phone, is your phone connected when trying this etc?
    11-01-12 06:05 PM
    Have a good evening.....can't do the system restore because the only day available was today. I did load Office 2010 on the same day. (includes outlook)
    11-01-12 07:30 PM
    Sorry forgot to say...I am using XP. When I originally loaded DM long ago, it was no problem.
    11-01-12 07:56 PM
    Sorry, my Blackberry is not connected while I am trying to install DM
    11-01-12 07:57 PM
    Sorry to be a complete nuisance here....I also thought a file or files got corrupted on my new install of win xp. I have ran across many people with exactly the same issue. Primarily on the BB message board. (some here on Crackberry) Read that RIM does not have a fix for it. I hope my 3 berries and Playbook are ok until RIM issues a fix. Thanks for your time.
    Marty
    11-01-12 10:01 PM
    Might be worth making a new admin account on the PC and trying to install from there

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    daveycrocket likes this.
    11-01-12 11:57 PM
    Do you have sp3 installed?
    daveycrocket likes this.
    11-02-12 05:23 AM
    Hi can you use BB protect as a backup at least for a while I have seen some notes re XP I wouldn't hold my breath for a fix.
    Can you rol back to a much earlier DM version, I,m sure someone will on this forum will be able to help.
    11-02-12 07:35 AM
    Really appreciated these suggestions...I will give them a shot and report back
    11-02-12 09:00 AM
    I made another Admin account and still no luck. The reading I did....alot of other have this prob. So I hope a fix is on the way from RIM
    11-02-12 12:20 PM