I just got my curve this past tuesday, installed the manager today -- and ive got the bb hooked up to my laptop, but the manager says its disconnected? I have it set to USB -- hmmm

not sure what to do next?
    06-18-09 05:31 PM
    What version of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager?

What Operating System is on the computer?
    06-18-09 05:34 PM
    Is the charging indicator on in the BB display?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 05:34 PM
    If everything looks normal, try a different cable, a different USB port, or a different PC.
    06-18-09 05:37 PM
    What version of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager?

What Operating System is on the computer?
    VISTA and 4.5 desktop manager..
    06-18-09 05:37 PM
    Is the charging indicator on in the BB display?

yes! its charging, but the manager still says disconnected...
    06-18-09 05:38 PM
    Do as wnm suggested, try a different cable if available, even those that come with digicams work. Also try different usb ports.

06-18-09 05:41 PM
    I'm having a similar problem except that my BB won't seem to connect to my PC... The charge indicator comes up for about 5 seconds, and then it disappears and the desktop manager keeps telling me that the device is not found.

I downloaded the latest desktop manager (4.7) and I'm using XP. I've tried every USB port on my computer (which all work fine for all other USB devices), as well as several different USB cables. I don't have any problems with charging my BB, but I have not been able to get my Blackberry to connect to my PC at all since I got it, and it's driving me crazy!

Anyone have any suggestions... ??

Thanks!
    06-18-09 09:05 PM
    I'm having a similar problem except that my BB won't seem to connect to my PC... The charge indicator comes up for about 5 seconds, and then it disappears and the desktop manager keeps telling me that the device is not found.

I downloaded the latest desktop manager (4.7) and I'm using XP. I've tried every USB port on my computer (which all work fine for all other USB devices), as well as several different USB cables. I don't have any problems with charging my BB, but I have not been able to get my Blackberry to connect to my PC at all since I got it, and it's driving me crazy!

Anyone have any suggestions... ??

Thanks!
    I had the same issue can u check one thing? The second pin from the right inside the port is not damaged if it damaged charging will work but data connection through usb port will not work.. sorry english is not my first language but i hope it help..
    06-19-09 06:15 PM
    I had the same problem when I downloaded my DM!!! All I did was restart my computer and it picked up my pin. It might just be a simple restart and that's it.
    06-19-09 06:30 PM
    where do I find my pin??- on my new BB
    06-19-09 08:30 PM
    Options > Status > read the 4th line
    06-20-09 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD