after wasting a lot of time I decided to uninstall DM7 and put DM6 back.

I was able to get DM7 to sync ok but all of my whole day appointments were put on my 9900 as two days. Last night I went through every appointment on the phone and corrected them. Then this morning I did a 1-way sync from my phone to the computer, reassigned all my categories and did a 2-way sync and the same thing happened.

It just baffles the mind when I see something like this. RIM has been working on this for more than 6 months and can't release a working product.

I wonder what's going to happen when we get OS2 for the PlayBook. What kind of disasters are we in for?
    Last edited by EdS817; 02-16-12 at 02:36 PM.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    02-16-12 09:21 AM
    There's already threads on the DM7 issues.

I'll wait a while til I upgrade to 2.0 for sure. This reminded me that I'm not an early adopter type!
    02-17-12 09:00 PM
    Your lucky you could remove DM7 and reInstall DM6..I have nothing now..and it wont let me install DM6 (still sees DM7, though its been unistalled)..

going to have to wait for DM7 again...I really wanted to do a backup of my Playbook and be ready for OS2...I do have backups from DM6..but cant get to them now with no Desktop Manager.
    02-18-12 07:29 AM
    Your lucky you could remove DM7 and reInstall DM6..I have nothing now..and it wont let me install DM6 (still sees DM7, though its been unistalled)..

going to have to wait for DM7 again...I really wanted to do a backup of my Playbook and be ready for OS2...I do have backups from DM6..but cant get to them now with no Desktop Manager.
    Download ccleaner Download CCleaner 3.15.1643 - FileHippo.com and run the cleaner and registry cleaner, backup your reg it will ask and reboot and try to install dm 6 again.
    02-18-12 07:35 AM
    I really hope someone will get fired on this at RIM. Unbelievable! They officially release a software that had already reported issues several months ago. I simply cannot comprehend.
    02-18-12 07:38 AM
    I see that dm 6 is back on the bb download page.
    02-18-12 07:42 AM
    If we have DM7 installed shoule we roll back? I only use DM7 for backups, not syncing so it's working for me.

But I don't want a buggy program.
    02-18-12 10:04 AM
    Download ccleaner Download CCleaner 3.15.1643 - FileHippo.com and run the cleaner and registry cleaner, backup your reg it will ask and reboot and try to install dm 6 again.
    already have it on my PC..didnt work.
    02-18-12 11:44 AM
    Yup, this is a disaster.
    02-18-12 05:28 PM
    Originally Posted by relbelg

For all the people that have problems to uninstall the BBDM7, i use the program YourUninstaller 2012, it works better then Windows Uninstaller. Your Uninstaller! 7 - Uninstall any unwanted software/program completely.

It first uninstall any program you want, after that always select (if program ask for it) NOT RESTART. Then YourUninstaller gaat zoeken in Register and in the Windows system folders, program files to clear al left-overs of the program.

After that i do extra CCleaner, and restart then all of the program is gone.

p.s. What i did before installing BBDM7 i updated Windows XP (on my laptop) and Vista 32bit (on my normal pc), and then i installed BBDM7, works great here with 2x BB9780 and 2x BBPB 16gb.

Danny

this program worked for me.. IT found DM7, uninstalled and I was able to reInstall DM6! thanks to Danny!!
    02-19-12 06:24 PM
    never installed DM7 since DM6 is working flawless for me, i don't see why i should update it.
    with this issue i'm glad i didn't took the plunge.
    02-19-12 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD