In lebanon we don't have normal dataplan and I'm dying to update my BB9700 to the new OS6.the desktop manager won't let me upgrade without a data plan.is there any way to fix it or to upgrade the os without DM.Plz Help!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-11 06:15 PM
    First delete any previous OS versions from your computer.
    Now, download the OS you want and allow the drivers to install.

Go to My Computer>Program Files>Common Files>Research In Motion>AppLoader.

Locate the vendor.xml file and delete it.

Now, connect your BB to the computer and allow it to be recognized. Locate the Loader.exe file and with your BB still connected, double click the Loader.exe and follow the prompts. Do not disconnect your BB until you receive a message on the computer the loading operation was successful. Allow the BB to reboot, do a few battery pulls and that's it.
    03-19-11 06:22 PM
    First delete any previous OS versions from your computer.
    Now, download the OS you want and allow the drivers to install.

Go to My Computer>Program Files>Common Files>Research In Motion>AppLoader.

Locate the vendor.xml file and delete it.

Now, connect your BB to the computer and allow it to be recognized. Locate the Loader.exe file and with your BB still connected, double click the Loader.exe and follow the prompts. Do not disconnect your BB until you receive a message on the computer the loading operation was successful. Allow the BB to reboot, do a few battery pulls and that's it.
    can u instruct me on this please im trying to install this and i followed ur method but it wont work maybe it the part with delete previous os where are the previous versions
    04-28-11 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD