Okay. So i have a blackberry 8310 and the usb port on the phone itself is broken so i cannot use the Desktop Manager to update etc. I don't have a data plan either so i cant connect to the internet from the blackberry. So what i wanna know is if there's a way to get apps/games on my phone without using desktop or internet on phone. if there is, is it like sending ringtones through text and saving them from there? (like theres no link in the text its the actual file and play button etc.)
    09-20-09 11:44 AM
    Wow no way you will need 1 or the other, but sending like ringtone of things like that you can't install theme, cuase the internet over the air makes the installation OTA download

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 12:56 PM
    I can think of one way to get the files to your phone:

If you computer has a memory card slot, you can put your micro SD card in an adapter and put that in the computer. Open it up and put the .jar/.jad files with its matching .cod file(s) in the "Blackberry" folder.

To Install on the device:

On your device click the Media app > Menu > Explore > Media Card > Blackberry > click the .jar/.jad that matches the game or app you want to install. Click Download.

After it downloads and installs, you can delete the files off the card to free up room.
    Last edited by Soloracer24; 09-20-09 at 01:01 PM.
    09-20-09 12:58 PM
    Also try to use a friends sim card that has internet only put it on an use the internet do not change her emails an things like that on your phone, the phone alone will ask you if you wan't to use the emails in the new device, don't do that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 12:59 PM
    well you really don't need Desktop Manager to install using a .jad file, that is used for OTA installations of programs and themes and stuff. Do you have internet on your phone? just browse to the webpage with the .jad link on it and click it, it should start the download to your phone.
    09-20-09 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD