I'm using a Blackberry Bold 9700. Here's my dilemma. I uploaded the new OS 6 from my desktop using BBSAK. Everything goes smoothly. Now, I cant restore my contact, PIN information and 3rd party apps as my Blackberry Desktop Manager will automatically close on me when I connect my BB to my computer. It'll prompt me to "Send Error Report" or "Don't Send Error Report". After clicking don't send, it closes on me.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Manager and I still get the same results!

When I uninstall and reinstall the Desktop Manager, I try to restore my BB, this prompt a programme called Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library is shown.

"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information."

Anyone, please help me! I need to restore my BB asap! PLEASE HELP ME! IM DESPERATE FOR SOLUTIONS!!!!!
    03-23-11 10:27 AM
    3rd party apps: well you could always just redownload the apps from the store you go them from.

BBM: If you made a backup of your contacts online using the bbm backup management then you should get them back by hitting restore.

Contacts: You don't have a copy saved in gmail or anywhere else in a format you could upload to gmail to sync them with your phone?
    03-23-11 12:05 PM
    The real issue is, why is BlackBerry Desktop Software failing to run on your computer?

Many of us are using it without problems, that suggests the problem is with your current Windows platform or a corrupted Desktop Manager download. Repeat the download first to rule that out.

Which verison of Windows is installed? Windows / Control Panel / System and Security / System.

I would suggest borrowing time on another computer to complete your restore while you work out the issues with your primary.
    03-23-11 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD