We did away with our BES server when we moved to Windows phones, but I've had to send mine away to get fixed, and I've ressurrected my BB9700 to use in the meantime. I've set up my email using BIS with the Exchange (OWA) options, and my emails are now syncing but I have no contacts.

So I've been looking for a way to import them into the phone. I can't sync with a local copy of Outlook as we don't use local copies on our laptops. I have created a CSV file, and found lots of instructions online for importing CSV files into Desktop Manager but unfortunately RIM see fit to alter every version of Desktop manager so the instructions for the version before don't work on the latest one. It all really seems much harder than it needs to be.

Has anyone got some instructions that work for importing a CSV file via Desktop Manager 7.0 to a Bold 9700 which is running 6.0 OS.
    09-04-12 08:28 PM
    I think all you need to do is open the contact within Outlook, select 'Send', then select 'In Internet Format (vCard)' and enter your bberry email address

problem is you may have to do them one at a time....
    09-04-12 08:53 PM
    I have 500-odd contacts (and a few not-so-odd ones). Am not doing it that way.
    09-04-12 08:58 PM
    Uninstalled v7 and installed v6 and got my contacts imported.
    09-04-12 09:19 PM
    Where can I get the V6, have the same problem with V7?
    11-11-12 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD