Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kbz1960
  • 1 Post By MobileMadness002
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Help! Desktop Manager NOT even loading :(

Hi folks, thank you in advance.

I have to apologise because I know very little about computers, but today I got an icon on my phone to say that a new software update was available on my bold 9900. Anywho, BDM doesnt even load, I get the start up type screem with BDM and the blackberry logo and then a little window that "thinks" goes blank and tells me its not working, its been doing this for months, ive tried changing properties, and repairing the programme, which it wont let me do?! ive also tried deleting and re-installing several times and its still not working. My bold def needs updating becaise its all slow and sticking.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

thank you
    CrackBerry Addict

what system are you running, is it a windows computer or an apple mac?
    If it is a windows computer what operating system is it running, XP Vista or windows 7.
    Go to the control panel find programs and features- open it- find blackberry desktop in the programes list - left click to highlight - go to top and click uninstall as it does this it may ask to uninstall any personal data, if you need to retain this data ie backups, click to keep the data. once uninstalled do a shut down and then restart your computer, go to the blackberry site download a new DM file and reinstall it. Do not use an old download as it may have corrupted.
    When you open it if you are not the administrator you may need to right click it and "run as administrator".

You should have downloaded DM version 7.1.0 bundle 33.
    Once reinstalled open it. and it should ask to connect to your BB, do you connect via a usb, connect your phone.
    After a few seconds it should find your phone.

Let me know how you do
    Be careful when Speaking, you create the world around you with your words-Navajo
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Default still not working

Thank you so much for the reply.

I am running windows 7, I have tried what you said, as before when I've re-installed it, the same error occurs, a window appears infront of the bb logo and the program doesnt open.
    This just baffles me, as when i first got my laptop it worked perfectly.

Thanks

Lindsey
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey Curry View Post
    Thank you so much for the reply.

I am running windows 7, I have tried what you said, as before when I've re-installed it, the same error occurs, a window appears infront of the bb logo and the program doesnt open.
    This just baffles me, as when i first got my laptop it worked perfectly.

Thanks

Lindsey
    Hi Lindsey, have you updated your windows OS (is it set to auto update) it may be that the OS can't function with the newer versions of DM ie have you installed the service pack etc for windows 7 etc
    Be careful when Speaking, you create the world around you with your words-Navajo
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    68,028 Global Posts

You can try ccleaner Download CCleaner 3.25.1872 - FileHippo.com to clean up your crap in the system. Run the file cleaner after uninstalling dm, reboot and re install. If that doesn't help then uninstall again and run the reg cleaner and try again.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    daveycrocket likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,733 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

Just a thought here, try disabling your anti virus and firewall TEMPORARILY and try launching BDM. See if that works for you?
    Posted using my device of choice. May or may not be a BlackBerry.
    No such thing as too many backups. Remember that.
    daveycrocket likes this.