Have a BlackBerry Curve 8310 with the Desktop Manager running off of Windows XP Professional, AT&T is the provider. This minituae probably isn't relavent to the problem at hand.

Every time I turn the computer on or log on the Desktop Manager opens up, starts, etc. How do I prevent this from occurring as I don't need this application each and every time I use the computer. I wish to use it only when I CHOOSE to open and run the program, not every time I power up.

HELP, PLEASE.
    08-15-08 02:51 PM
    Hi BlackSheep92,

You need to disable the Desktop Manager on start up.

I’m no expert so there may be an easy way with Windows XP Professional. I run “Spybot” (The home of Spybot-S&D!) which allows you to control what runs on start up as well as removing all kinds of nasties from your PC!

I hope this has been some help or at least prompts someone to give a better solution.

Ballroom
    08-15-08 05:03 PM
    When you installed the software you left the box for the DM to start automatically checked. I would uninstall the DM and reinstall and make sure to uncheck the box.
    08-15-08 08:16 PM
    When you installed the software you left the box for the DM to start automatically checked. I would uninstall the DM and reinstall and make sure to uncheck the box.
    I believe that it what i did as well...
    08-15-08 08:27 PM
    Hi

Im having a problem backing up my BB, I get an the following error "Error backing up database(s)" when i reach the part where the profiles are being backuped. I've uninstalled and installed DM 4.6 and i also did a battery pull.

Any suggestion what i can do?
    08-21-08 09:41 PM
    Have a BlackBerry Curve 8310 with the Desktop Manager running off of Windows XP Professional, AT&T is the provider. This minituae probably isn't relavent to the problem at hand.

Every time I turn the computer on or log on the Desktop Manager opens up, starts, etc. How do I prevent this from occurring as I don't need this application each and every time I use the computer. I wish to use it only when I CHOOSE to open and run the program, not every time I power up.

HELP, PLEASE.
    If I'm not mistaken when you open DM on the top right corner there's a drop down field where you can change this option to disable DM at startup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-08 09:57 PM
    could go to start, run, msconfig : applications and un click it blackberry
    08-25-08 02:24 PM
    I had the same issue, when i was trying to backup using 4.6, so i did was backup the individual items on using DM under advanced. I just left "profile" out and backup everything else. if you ever have to restore it you'll only loose your profile settings which you can configure at a later time, instead of loosing everything.

Could be that your using OS 4.3 or lower. I had the same issue with DM 4.5. Try going back to DM 4.3 and see if it works.
    08-27-08 07:26 AM

HELP, PLEASE.
    BlackSheep92,
    Do you have an icon in the notification pane (on the lower right side of your toolbar) for Desktop Manager? If so, right click on it. See if there is a "Properties" choice or "Settings" choice. Choose the one that allows you to change the startup options. You may be able to reset DM so that it doesn't load on startup.

JR
    08-27-08 09:15 AM
    You guys are really making this difficult. Just go to "Start", "Programs" and then "Startup". Right click on Desktop Manager and delete it. The icon will still be listed under "BlackBerry".
    08-27-08 12:40 PM
    hope this is right thread? After syncing my 8330 with OUtlook using desktop manager I have duplicate calendar entries in both the handheld and on outlook desktop. What I am doing wrong?
    10-09-08 02:10 PM
    cannot get movie to display on full screen. shows up in wide screen as from mp4 format I origonally transferred from. do i need to convert and with what? so small i cannot tell whats happening on movie.
    10-02-09 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD