I was excited to install the firmware update to my 9900 hoping to get the battery life improvement, but not gone as planned.

I installed the new software that I downloaded, but my phone is no longer recognized by desktop manager. Have installed / uninstalled destop manager countless times + removed battery + rebooted + switched cables etc.., but no luck. Phone still works.

Any ideas.... Thanks in advance.
    11-14-11 08:42 PM
    What's the exact message at the bottom right corner of the DM when you connect your phone? What version is the DM? What OS are you running on your computer? Is it a PC or a MAC?
    11-14-11 08:45 PM
    DM is asking "Connect your blackberry device". There is no message on the bottom right hand corner. After uninstalling, I went and downloaded a fresh version of 6.1 from RIM's website (this is now installed). DM is on a Windows 7 PC. BB is recognized as a USB drive, but not by DM.
    11-14-11 09:08 PM
    So you have some type of data corruption on your PC - which is preventing the DM from seeing the device. Have you tried just running "loader.exe"? I'm thinking nothing will change, but it's still worth the effort to try.

Btw, have you checked the connection settings in the DM to make sure they're set for USB?
    11-14-11 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD