I did try my best to make my first thread's title as precise as possible!

I have a BBerry 9700 and use it with Mac.

So, I had my BBerry 9700 when I did my first big mess. By mistake, I erased all languages except for French and English from the device. When I discovered Desktop Manager, I did try to search for applications, but I only get shown the ones I already have - therefore no Italian.
    I browsed the internet, and couldn't find anything. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the Desktop Manager, but no success.
    I figured that the language might exist in format .axl somewhere, so that I could download on my Mac and get it into the phone through applications, but couldn't find it.

I did try to pass thropugh a PC but things did not change (if possible, the number of apps shown by desktop manager were even less).

Can anybody help me add to English and French, also Italian as an input language?

Thanks!
    02-27-10 05:22 PM
    So you had Italian as an input language for sure right?

If you did you need to install your current OS (and carrier specfic) on your Mac or
    PC in order for desktop manager to pick it up.
    02-27-10 06:25 PM
    Thanks Forever 29. I did downloaded again the Blackberry Desktop Manager app, which looked like being the only software available in my carrier's website.
    That did not help.
    Are you maybe talking of something else?

I'm on Mac. My carrier is called Bouygues (France).
    02-27-10 06:35 PM
    Yeah I'm talking about the actual operating system of the phone. That in itself
    needs to be present on your computer in order for desktop manager to get the
    languages that that specific OS offers.

Which one are you running? Go to options-about and let me know what the third
    line says.
    02-27-10 06:42 PM
    OK I'm feeling pretty dumb, but I cannot find any other software BBerry-related on my Mac aside from BlackBerry Desktop Manager Version 1.0.2 (build 8).

My Mac is Mac OS X 10.6.2 (10C540)
    02-27-10 06:54 PM
    No I'm talking about the OS of your phone. On your phone go to options>about
    and let me know what the third line says. Should be 5.0.xxx
    02-27-10 06:59 PM
    Hold on I got it: you were talking of the phone, not the Mac.

Found it on the phone, it's v5.0.0.400 (Platform 5.1.0.110).

If it needs to be installed somewhere in the Mac, I'd swear it's nowhere.
    02-27-10 07:02 PM
    Yeah, the OS of the phone needs to actually be installed on the Mac. Let me see
    if I can find it for you. Gimme a second...
    02-27-10 07:06 PM
    I'm having a hard time reading the French on your carrier's website.

All you need to do is go to your carrier's website and it would lead you to the
    download of the OS. Or maybe you can try here.

BlackBerry - Téléphones Portables & Smartphones BlackBerry France
    02-27-10 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD