CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Don't install Desktop Manager 710_b39 / 7.1.0.37 (Bundle 39) - STILL doesn't work properly.

Well, I decided to give Desktop Manager 7 yet another try and again it's been a total waste of time. This is the fifth or so time I have gone through the process of installing an update of version 7, discovering it doesn't work, uninstalling, re-installing 6.1.0.36 (Bundle 38) and setting that back up again. And yes, I completely uninstalled version 6 first on each attempt - in a couple of cases the DM 7 install was on a new installation of Windows which had never had any version of DM installed on it.

Previously I had had problems with KB32032-Recurring appointments of a specific pattern cause the sync to fail with an error message in BlackBerry Desktop Software.

This time we have a new problem:

Don't install Desktop Manager 710_b39 / 7.1.0.37 (Bundle 39) - STILL doesn't work properly.-blackberrydesktopmanagererror.jpg

KB31008-During contact synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Software the error "CRTranRec:: GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id" is displayed would seem to cover it, but...

When I received this error I wasn't even syncing contacts (note "Contacts" is unticked in the image) - I was doing a test sync of my calendar only, to check if the previous issue from KB32032 had been fixed. So the cause given in KB31008 ("An Address Book contact containing a blank contact image may cause the synchronization to fail.") would seem unlikely.

Almost a year since DM 7 was released and we still don't don't have a properly working version
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Don't install Desktop Manager 710_b39 / 7.1.0.37 (Bundle 39) - STILL doesn't work properly.-blackberrydesktopmanagererror2.jpg  
    Bold 9900 (shrunk 7.1.0.714) sim-free on O2 UK. Ex 9700 and 9000.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,871 Global Posts

I never sync. Works fine for me but thanks for the heads up for people who do.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    383 Global Posts
    PIN
    229CE167

Default Don't install Desktop Manager 710_b39 / 7.1.0.37 (Bundle 39) - STILL doesn't work properly.

I also don't sync so I'm fine with it
    CrackBerry Addict

I have been using this version for some time now, whilst I had issues with the previous version this one seems stable to me. I sync outlook almost every day and backup once a week without problems.
    I have had calendar sync issues where I've moved recurring appointments but that is detailed. I just cleared the recurring set from outlook and then re entered them manually once done it has seemed to be behaving.
    I know this isn't an answer for your issue but DM does work for me.
    Be careful when Speaking, you create the world around you with your words-Navajo
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    PIN
    27E817EC

I don't sync organizer data but I've been having issues with the Media Sync.........when i click on music, video or pictures, it just stays showing "Connecting to Blackberry device....."...........anyone else having this issue?
    CrackBerry User

This is beyond dumb with RIM. Outlook its used across the business world and we cant sync up our contacts because RIM overlooked it. I didnt have any issues up until recently trying to get DS 7.1 to work. Plus I cant use DS 6 because it crashes instantly upon opening. GRRR I just want to update my contacts so I can do a full wipe and get rid of this garbage .569!
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by The_Smurph View Post
    This is beyond dumb with RIM. Outlook its used across the business world and we cant sync up our contacts because RIM overlooked it. I didnt have any issues up until recently trying to get DS 7.1 to work. Plus I cant use DS 6 because it crashes instantly upon opening. GRRR I just want to update my contacts so I can do a full wipe and get rid of this garbage .569!
    Not sure I understand, outlook syncs perfectly with my 9810 previous version was difficult with recurring appointments contacts have always been good. Your reference to .569 is that the phone OS which appears on Blackberry desktop manager. In the meantime if you need to wipe the os from the phone you can always backup to blackberry protect. Good luck
    Be careful when Speaking, you create the world around you with your words-Navajo
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by daveycrocket View Post
    Not sure I understand, outlook syncs perfectly with my 9810 previous version was difficult with recurring appointments contacts have always been good. Your reference to .569 is that the phone OS which appears on Blackberry desktop manager. In the meantime if you need to wipe the os from the phone you can always backup to blackberry protect. Good luck
    So the .569 reference was to the Phones OS. Blackberry 7.1 Desktop Software(DS) will not sync the contacts from my phone to Outlook. It will sync them to my contacts list in Windows 7, but not Outlook 2007. Im not sure why the original thread author is having issues with contacts unchecked. However, when I try to sync my contacts(box checked) it will not sync with Outlook. I have managed to upgrade my 9810 to .815 and its by far better but I prefer doing a data wipe and starting fresh on the phone.
    CrackBerry Addict

So the .569 reference was to the Phones OS. Blackberry 7.1 Desktop Software(DS) will not sync the contacts from my phone to Outlook. It will sync them to my contacts list in Windows 7, but not Outlook 2007. Im not sure why the original thread author is having issues with contacts unchecked. However, when I try to sync my contacts(box checked) it will not sync with Outlook. I have managed to upgrade my 9810 to .815 and its by far better but I prefer doing a data wipe and starting fresh on the phone.
    Hi I was just wondering if the organiser details list "contacts to Microsoft outlook" if so why would it then sync to windows 7 contacts seems a bit odd. Or is it that as it wouldn't sync to outlook you tried win 7 contacts?
    CrackBerry User

Yes it does say Outlook 2007. It will save my contacts on Windows 7 contacts but not in Outlook, which of course I use for email and contact cards. Ive tried to google search it and I have came up with very little helpful info.
    CrackBerry Addict

Yes it does say Outlook 2007. It will save my contacts on Windows 7 contacts but not in Outlook, which of course I use for email and contact cards. Ive tried to google search it and I have came up with very little helpful info.
    Hi Smurph, that's really an odd one, my only other thought would be to create a new profile in outlook in case it's outlook software, I use office 2010 and it works very well.
    CrackBerry Newbie

CrackBerry Newbie

^ That's the same one, bro.

I can't get it to work, either. It keeps giving me the "error has occurred at line 1548" nonsense. I've uninstalled everything (DM and Device Software), cleaned out the reg etc etc. Windows 8 Pro x64 & Office 2013 x64. PITA.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,871 Global Posts

It works fine on my win8 64bit lappy with office 2013. I don't sync anything with office though.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have the same crashing problem with my BB 9900 using DM 7.1 Bundle 2218. Crashes upon sync. I have wasted hours: two uninstall / reinstalls. Tried "forget device". Running out of ideas.

WTN
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,419 Global Posts

Thanks for all the reviews and remarks! There just isn't a enough reason to move from the tried an true and dependable, BBDM 6.1!