Now that I have my 9700 all set, all ringtones assigned, custom pictures assigned to contacts, 3rd part apps, and all the settings adjusted just the way I want...Will Desktop Manager Back ALL of these things up? Even the settings, custom rings assigned to everyone, etc?

If not, what program is the best backup program (hopefully free)?
    02-11-10 07:53 PM
    it will not back up third party apps.. you can use bbsak to do that
    02-11-10 07:55 PM
    settings, assigned ringtones, assigned pictures? Will it do that?
    02-11-10 08:02 PM
    Yes, unless something goes wrong during an update. I've never had a problem with it personally.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 09:20 PM
    02-11-10 09:24 PM
    It will not back up your messages using BB messenger.
    02-12-10 02:39 AM
    it will back up all current emails, sms's, memos, contacts, BBM contacts, settings, and i think media on the phone itself. basically everything but the 3rd party apps
    02-12-10 02:47 AM
    A nubee here, when you say Blackberry manager are you talking about the disc that comes with the blackberry that you install on your computer?
    02-12-10 05:06 PM
    A nubee here, when you say Blackberry manager are you talking about the disc that comes with the blackberry that you install on your computer?
    yes, it should contain the Blackberry Desktop Manager software.
    02-12-10 05:26 PM
    yes, but downloading the latest version from blackberry.com is recommended.
    02-12-10 07:16 PM
    If my wife gets a new BlackBerry, can I sync her new BB with the my desktop manager therefore putting the same contact info etc. on her new phone?
    02-15-10 10:29 AM
    If my wife gets a new BlackBerry, can I sync her new BB with the my desktop manager therefore putting the same contact info etc. on her new phone?
    Yes infact it has a Switch Device option on the DM.

02-15-10 10:34 AM
    it will not back up third party apps.. you can use bbsak to do that
    odd.... i use DM to back up my applications.

Open the DM > switch Device > switch Blackberry Devices > let it do the one way sync and back up your Applications....

Then do a search on your PC for your PIN number..... you'll find em [applications]

Last edited by mjneid; 02-15-10 at 10:41 AM.
    02-15-10 10:35 AM
    it will back up all current emails, sms's, memos, contacts, BBM contacts, settings, and i think media on the phone itself. basically everything but the 3rd party apps
    I did a back up from my BB to my computer and it appears that my media didn't get backed up... unless you can tell me where it would have went.
    That is why i am having an issue with my lost (very important videos)
    03-12-10 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD