Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Does 9850 work on old Desktop Manager

Trying to keep old version of DM due to it still having Redirector on it, but I have deleted and re-installed old DM and it still shows my old phone PIN under "active device" at bottom of page. When I hook my phone up I get a closing message and DM shuts down. Does the OS7 work in these old platforms or do I need to clear my active device pin to get it to work, also how would I do this. Thanks all, love this site!
    CrackBerry Addict

I'm mot sure what version of DM you're referring to, but I've used my 9850 with DM 5.0.1 and it worked just fine.
    Thanked by:
    brdiman (09-30-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

I use DM 5.x to sync my 9850 (7.0.261) with outlook. works great for me. I did nothing except plug it in and DM recognized it.
    Thanked by:
    brdiman (09-30-2011) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I have tired 4.7 and 5. Just wondering if it still thinks my old phone is active. Could my old pin be buried somewhere in my puter which DM is looking at?
    Thanks
    CrackBerry Master

I am using DM 6 whatever. OK for Contacts. DO NOT just load up all your old apps and expect them to work under OS 7. I had a very bad experience with a GPS "Preapp" that would fire up on a boot on my S2. When I put this beast on my 9850, it locked it up in a loop that battery pulls could not get around. Verizon handed me a new phone on a handshake: thank you Verizon! Doctor Neutron
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

I think I have done everything and it still closing when I hook up my 9850. Message box shows "APPCRASH". Tried 4.7 and 5.0 version. This is killing me not having redirector for company emails. Any one have a suggestion.
    Thanks
    CrackBerry Addict

I was running an old version of Desktop Manager and it wouldnt recognize my 9860 when I plugged it in, I think it said something like connecting or something but after it did that it finished and would show that any phone was connected. Updated DM and it worked! Just my experience, I hope you get it to work for you!
    If I helped answer your questions or provided you with information your thankful for, don't forget to clickem mah Thanks buttons!!!! Woowoowooowoowoo!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts

You need a new version that will support it.